Yorkshire multi-millionaire businessman backs UKIP

I'm pretty sure our own Government can rack up similar levels of incompetence - it's not a perk of EU membership.

I'm sure our own Government does rack up similar levels of incompetence so its seems rather silly to pay the EU to do it as well.

---------- Post added 21-11-2013 at 22:24 ----------

So you're not disagreeing they're on the gravy train at the moment?

[/url]?

Glad to see you think that the EU's a gravy train.:)

Ah but you did. By saying that less than 10% of the UK economy is to do with the EU you're just quoting the figure of 10% in order to downplay the UK's dependence of the EU. If you'd said 50% of UK trade is with the EU you'd be highlighting the relevant figure.

You're obviously unaware that during a referendum campaign that figure of 50% will be quoted again and again and again, as will the number of UK jobs reliant on EU trade, etc.

You think you're clever but during a referendum campaign - and even before it - you're arguments are going to be exposed for the right-wing distortion they are.

Ah but I didn't, you took the 10% and stitched yourself up like a kipper, but keep wriggling.

Can I suggest some reading in relation to existing intra/outra EU tarriffs? Just to reassure the dissenters that UK-made cars would be slapped with a 10% levy once the UK is out. Not scaremongering at all, it's from a Parliamentary enquiry and debate, so as credible as it comes.

I can see the Koreans in their recent Slovakian city-sized car plants rubbing their hands from here...and it's not as if Nissan, Hitachi, and just about all other 1300 Japanese investors in the UK haven't been making a lot of negative noise about a UK exit. Just point your browsers to the FT and start in Jan'13.

Can I suggest some reading in relation to existing intra/outra EU tarriffs? Just to reassure the dissenters that UK-made cars would be slapped with a 10% levy once the UK is out. Not scaremongering at all, it's from a Parliamentary enquiry and debate, so as credible as it comes.

I can see the Koreans in their recent Slovakian city-sized car plants rubbing their hands from here...and it's not as if Nissan, Hitachi, and just about all other 1300 Japanese investors in the UK haven't been making a lot of negative noise about a UK exit. Just point your browsers to the FT and start in Jan'13.

Levy's and tariffs are a two way street and open to negotiation between countries. If countries wish to impose levy's on UK made goods after a UK withdrawal there is nothing to stop the UK government reciprocating.

Your scaremongering would have us believe that a UK exit from the EU would lead to factories in which overseas companies have invested billions being abandoned overnight.

Your basically saying that the UK electorate should have no say in whether we stop in the EU because a lot of overseas companies would not like our withdrawal? Its for the people of the UK to decide on EU membership and no one else.

The UK electorate are asked to contribute to the club but have no say over whether they want to be a member. Sounds a lot like the Falkirk Labour Party with people being signed up without their agreement.

If we exit the EU, trade will not stop, it's in neither parties interest to put up trade barriers, so why would it even occur if both parties agree that would not be good?

See L00b's post above to nail that lie.

---------- Post added 22-11-2013 at 08:05 ----------

Yes we'd be leaving a club; a club where we have little say, a club we contribute more to than we get out, a club that is rife with fraud, a club whose accounts are not approved by its auditors and a club which millions of UK citizens have never been asked if they want to be in.

Sure the club has some benefits but it also has it's problems.

What I'm saying is that EU export trade with the UK is greater than the UK's export trade with the EU. It's a lie that the EU would put this trade at risk.

We have a lot of say. This say would be greater if UKIP's MEPs turned up to meetings instead of going to the Tory Party conference.

All voters get asked if they want to be in it at every general election and the vast majority vote for parties that want to stay in.

If we left the EU why would the EU trade with us on the same conditions? We wouldn't be paying in so why would we get the same out?

Levy's and tariffs are a two way street and open to negotiation between countries. If countries wish to impose levy's on UK made goods after a UK withdrawal there is nothing to stop the UK government reciprocating.

Your scaremongering would have us believe that a UK exit from the EU would lead to factories in which overseas companies have invested billions being abandoned overnight.

Your basically saying that the UK electorate should have no say in whether we stop in the EU because a lot of overseas companies would not like our withdrawal? Its for the people of the UK to decide on EU membership and no one else.

The UK electorate are asked to contribute to the club but have no say over whether they want to be a member. Sounds a lot like the Falkirk Labour Party with people being signed up without their agreement.

There will be financial and social pros and cons of leaving the EU, of that I've no doubt.

Whether the pros will outweigh the cons is up for debate, although my own personal feelings are that they will.

However, I'd like to see a proper discussion take place and then a national vote be taken on whether we stay or leave.

If the vote comes out in favour of staying then so be it, that's the will of the people.

The reason I'll be voting UKIP is because all the other political parties seem to be unwilling to have the debate and the vote. To my mind it's far too important an issue to be brushed under the carpet, because it has implications on so many areas of our lives, both positive and negative.

Regards

Doom

Yes you did and thank you for allowing me to keep repeating that 50% of UK trade is with the EU.

He said 'Less that 10% of the British economy is involved with trade with the EU......'.

It's there written in black and white on the earlier page.

Regards

Doom

So no EU states trade with states outside the EU? They don't trade with China, Korea, Japan, India, Brazil, USA etc etc. The reality is all EU states DO trade with non-EU states.

How is that an argument to leave the EU? If all EU states trade with non-EU states and none want to leave the EU then you can argue that non-EU trade and EU-trade go hand in hand. All those countries you mention are on different continents and so trading with them isn't as easy as it is with the near continent. And they can all trade with the EU on the same terms and conditions. If we left the EU we'd have to negotiate new ones.

See L00b's post above to nail that lie.

---------- Post added 22-11-2013 at 08:05 ----------

We have a lot of say. This say would be greater if UKIP's MEPs turned up to meetings instead of going to the Tory Party conference.

All voters get asked if they want to be in it at every general election and the vast majority vote for parties that want to stay in.

If we left the EU why would the EU trade with us on the same conditions? We wouldn't be paying in so why would we get the same out?

Ah, you mean the parties who promise a vote in their manifestos but change their mind once in power? If the EU is so good why are you so scared of giving the people a vote? Surely you should vote UKIP so that they can be humiliated once a vote decides to stop in the EU?

We've not had a say since 1973. As I was three at the time I've forgotten how I voted.

Are you seriously expecting us to believe that there would be zero trade with the EU if we left? Not one euro, if it still exists in the future?

---------- Post added 22-11-2013 at 08:34 ----------

There will be financial and social pros and cons of leaving the EU, of that I've no doubt.

Whether the pros will outweigh the cons is up for debate, although my own personal feelings are that they will.

However, I'd like to see a proper discussion take place and then a national vote be taken on whether we stay or leave.

If the vote comes out in favour of staying then so be it, that's the will of the people.

The reason I'll be voting UKIP is because all the other political parties seem to be unwilling to have the debate and the vote. To my mind it's far too important an issue to be brushed under the carpet, because it has implications on so many areas of our lives, both positive and negative.

Regards

Doom

Totally agree, lets have the debate and a vote.

I'm not against everything the EU does, I just believe we can ditch what it does badly, enhance what is good and save a fortune in administration costs/waste/fraud elimination.

Archived