Yorkshire multi-millionaire businessman backs UKIP

Try reading their policies and make your own mind up. I won't expect a reply for a couple of days. :hihi::P

He'll need to go back to 1952 to understand their Education or Economic policies.

Total madness, both of them.

---------- Post added 19-11-2013 at 23:12 ----------

I will tip a con/ukip coalition at the next election...

Ooh. Free money.

How much will you bet? Where shall we deposit our wagers?

I will tip a con/ukip coalition at the next election...

There is zero chance of that happening.

UKIP don't even have one MP at the moment, and all evidence points to their support collapsing come election day when their supporters suddenly realise the nasty (lib/lab/con, doesn't matter which) party might get their seat so the vote for the opposition just to avoid "wasting" their vote.

UKIP don't even have one MP at the moment, and all evidence points to their support collapsing come election day when their supporters suddenly realise the nasty (lib/lab/con, doesn't matter which) party might get their seat so the vote for the opposition just to avoid "wasting" their vote.

Their support could increase by a factor of ten from the last election and they might still not win a seat.

They'll do fine in the upcoming Euros, then that will be that.

And that's only because of PR meaning they'd have to try quite hard not to win any seats.

I'd expect them to get 15-25% of the vote. They are a decent protest vote.

A General Election tends to focus the mind a little more. I can't see Farage's man in the pub image working there.

Sykes tried supporting the Conservatives, Goldsmiths Referendum Party as well as UKIP just to support his wish that we get out of Europe. Money buys lots of things, he is reported saying the reason for UKIP's fourfold increase in seats at the 2004 election was a result of the party having "more loot" than the others.

So he supports a particular policy that he feels strongly about with his own money, what's the big deal?

All the political parties rely on donations from benefactors and all those backing them do so due to one (or a number) of their policies.

I say good luck to him!! Better he spends HIS money on supporting something he feels strongly about rather than a Labour MP feathering his own nest with OUR money.

Regards

Doom

---------- Post added 20-11-2013 at 07:53 ----------

Most UKIP members are middle class, middle-aged reactionaries as personified by public school ex-Tory ex City trader Farage. Look at the addresses of the UKIP candidates at last year's council elections in Sheffield. Postcodes S10 and S11 were a lot more frequent than S5.

I can't claim to be a UKIP member, but I will be voting for them and I wouldn't say I fall into that category......Neither do my parents who will also be voting UKIP.

Regards

Doom

---------- Post added 20-11-2013 at 08:09 ----------

I wouldn't consider it a wasted vote if it's a vote for something you believe in.

It is one of the problems with the 1st past the post system that people don't always vote for their 1st choice, but maybe if UKIP can build up a head of steam before the next election they can force themselves into contention in some areas.

The other consideration is if they do start taking funding/votes away from other parties (Conservatives being most likely), then those parties may have to re-think their policies if they want to get into power.

If UKIP start eating heavily into the Tory vote and it looks like letting Labour in, would Cameron reconsider bringing a vote on Europe forward (Nothing focuses the mind better than the likelihood of losing your job)? - I want to see Europe and immigration on the agenda and taken seriously, the only way that's going to happen is if people like me vote UKIP.

No doubt in the next months and years ahead there's going to be a lot of scaremongering with regards to UKIP (we've already seen some on here), whether that be about wasting votes to let in party X,Y,Z or they won't be able to run the economy or there are connections with the far right or.....

From a personal point of view I'll take them for what they are.....scaremongering and an attempt to discredit a rival.

UKIP all the way for me. :hihi:

Regards

Doom

I'd expect them to get 15-25% of the vote. They are a decent protest vote.

A General Election tends to focus the mind a little more. I can't see Farage's man in the pub image working there.

think you might find quite a few more than that judging by what a lot of people are saying, most are really disillusioned with the 3 major parties and it seems its only the anti UKIP voice are the ones that disagree with stopping immigration, i reckon you may find the percentages reversed:D mr Sykes and mr Farage are men of the people, self made and proud:love:

No one can say Paul Sykes was born with a silver spoon in his mouth just a pair of hands that worked and hard work at that and the schools around Cudworth are not exactly Eton.There is one thing that can be said he is no thicko.I think he knows more about working men than a lot on this forum do.

So he supports a particular policy that he feels strongly about with his own money, what's the big deal?

All the political parties rely on donations from benefactors and all those backing them do so due to one (or a number) of their policies.

I say good luck to him!! Better he spends HIS money on supporting something he feels strongly about rather than a Labour MP feathering his own nest with OUR money.

Regards

Doom

---------- Post added 20-11-2013 at 07:53 ----------

I can't claim to be a UKIP member, but I will be voting for them and I wouldn't say I fall into that category......Neither do my parents who will also be voting UKIP.

Regards

Doom

---------- Post added 20-11-2013 at 08:09 ----------

I wouldn't consider it a wasted vote if it's a vote for something you believe in.

It is one of the problems with the 1st past the post system that people don't always vote for their 1st choice, but maybe if UKIP can build up a head of steam before the next election they can force themselves into contention in some areas.

The other consideration is if they do start taking funding/votes away from other parties (Conservatives being most likely), then those parties may have to re-think their policies if they want to get into power.

If UKIP start eating heavily into the Tory vote and it looks like letting Labour in, would Cameron reconsider bringing a vote on Europe forward (Nothing focuses the mind better than the likelihood of losing your job)? - I want to see Europe and immigration on the agenda and taken seriously, the only way that's going to happen is if people like me vote UKIP.

No doubt in the next months and years ahead there's going to be a lot of scaremongering with regards to UKIP (we've already seen some on here), whether that be about wasting votes to let in party X,Y,Z or they won't be able to run the economy or there are connections with the far right or.....

From a personal point of view I'll take them for what they are.....scaremongering and an attempt to discredit a rival.

UKIP all the way for me. :hihi:

Regards

Doom

Couldn't agree more, well said that man....(or woman).... Don't want the Misogynist hit squad on my tail... :hihi:

Archived