Radio sheffield football heaven

Romario

the bloke on last night called ian...what a top bloke,not only did he know his stuff he kept reffering to cocco the clown as "kevin blackpudding" ha ha ha quality :)....

I was thinking how misguided the bloke Ian was.

He named a few players who 'aren't good enough'.

Well excuse me, but anyone making a living out of playing football is good enough. Why do you think millions try, and millions fail? Usually, only the quality players make the grade, though some, admittedly, are missed.

I can see one manager making a mistake (Graeme Souness) but if a player has played for more than 2 pro clubs, he MUST be able to play.

To be a professional player, you have to be good. Any pro player should be good enough for League 1. I can't imagine a pro player only being good enough to play to the dizzy heights of L2.

The Championship is a different kettle of fish, and the Prem and the better clubs in Europe are the pinnacle.

99.9% of pro's are good enough for L1. If they don't look any good, it's probably because they aren't really trying. Bad attitudes are rife in the modern game. 3 to 10 thousand quid week has summat to do with it.

Both our clubs have players who are good enough.

Their attitudes however, stink.

I did have to laugh at the 'Kevin Black Puddin' reference though!

Edited by Hotmale 1954
Added black puddin reference.

why do they have to have the travel reports on a phone in, most of the people will be listening at home and those in the car on the way home cant do a thing about the traffic anyway, and will be sat in the same jams every night. yes if a major incident, like crash or fire then report it but other wise a waste of time,and its word for word every night, the parkway and manor top is looking busy, it usually is at rush hour

why do they have to have the travel reports on a phone in, most of the people will be listening at home and those in the car on the way home cant do a thing about the traffic anyway, and will be sat in the same jams every night. yes if a major incident, like crash or fire then report it but other wise a waste of time,and its word for word every night, the parkway and manor top is looking busy, it usually is at rush hour

BBC protocol i presume, same as reading the damn PL results out as they come in while i'm working on a saturday, totally spoils MOTD and a beer on a saturday night when i finally manage to ship the missus and bin lids to bed.

the "wednesday fan" that talks like he's has a constant cold is well funny,ive forgot his name but the blokes a star......when asked other night if he'd been to the game he says "no i over laid but jones has to go" ....i really hope he's a wendy but i'm not convinced :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

the "wednesday fan" that talks like he's has a constant cold is well funny,ive forgot his name but the blokes a star......when asked other night if he'd been to the game he says "no i over laid but jones has to go" ....i really hope he's a wendy but i'm not convinced :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Is Wendy his wife's name or jones wife's name.!!!!.

I only heard the first five minutes of praise or grumble earlier, but both Wednesday callers referenced Ian Botham in their comments - was I mishearing things, or have I missed something?

I think in total, three people did pal, and I am guessing that they had some sort of silly bet along the lines of "see if you can get "Ian Botham" into the conversation". They were all together in Blackpool, staying the weekend.

I listen when I'm in the car because its about local football. I agree that the presenters are incredibly rude especially Rob Staton (spelling). Once heard him shout/put down an old man. The chap was just giving his point of view but Staton was incredibly rude to him. I presume as broadcasters they must have some sort of code of conduct.

As for "meMarkthePitsmoorOwlproudofmypostcode" If he's the same "Mark the Pitsmoor Owl" referred to on the Owlstalk Forum then he might not be calling any radio station for a while