Radio sheffield football heaven

Romario

I know Ryan well, his mum used to teach my boy...

It's a hard task in non league be interesting to see how he goes on he's younger than me and that's saying something.

My friend recently signed for Hallam he will be pro in a year...

Such a small world I have known him from being 5 years old & played Sunday football with his dad Gary & became good friends living in the same estate.

Next time you see him ask for a rendition of classic Housemartins hits.:hihi:

I think they should make it a monthly programme just to remind everyone that non league can be a very good option

Very good point MJ01

I for one go to watch Athersley Rec FC in the NCEL Premier Division-Step 5(division 9 in england) although i do after admit that my son plays for them but admission is £5 adults £3 concessions and drinks at £1.50 a pint with free parking.

Compare that to SUFC/SWFC !!!

CROWDS CAN BE GOOD TOO. AVERAGE 161 WITH HIGH LAST SEASON OF 750

I watch 2 steps higher up mate (you tonked us at Hillsboro a couple of years back!!) & a bit more expensive to get in but even so, my season ticket is £150 - at a Prem league club that would get you parked, into the ground, a programme & a bag of crisps I reckon.

I watch 2 steps higher up mate (you tonked us at Hillsboro a couple of years back!!) & a bit more expensive to get in but even so, my season ticket is £150 - at a Prem league club that would get you parked, into the ground, a programme & a bag of crisps I reckon.

Well you never know we might meet one day.my sons only 20 and won supporters/committee/and athersley recin crew player of year last season.And obviously wants to play higher.Hes played with mcauley parkinson at guiseley too.

Hes taking part this saturday at home to pickering after being out since pre season with an ankle tendon injury.Fingers crossed.

• 1 year later...

I think I need therapy. I listen to this as I believe that one day they will have at least one different person who will be able to format a reasoned, sensible, conversation. Unfortunately they seem to have the same dozen or so-every night-idiots espousing the same garbage. The programme is toast and history. I'm a Wednesdayite but the only entertainment is BtB as he doesn't take himself seriously, good on ya.

Mick, get a life, son, Kevin likewise. The bosses at the BBC need to sort this-the presenters clearly know whats coming and it shows owing to the lack of interest.

Jeez, like an old faithful dog, put it out of its misery.

Edited by nikki-red

I think I need therapy. I listen to this as I believe that one day they will have at least one different person who will be able to format a reasoned, sensible, conversation. Unfortunately they seem to have the same dozen or so-every night-idiots espousing the same garbage. The programme is toast and history. I'm a Wednesdayite but the only entertainment is BtB as he doesn't take himself seriously, good on ya.

Mick, get a life, son, Kevin likewise. The bosses at the BBC need to sort this-the presenters clearly know whats coming and it shows owing to the lack of interest.

Jeez, like an old faithful dog, put it out of its misery.

I think Mick mostly talks quite sensibly.

ive met some of the presenters and they seem good blokes , they do know a lot more than they are allowed to say about clubs on Radio , tbf I think its a good show and some of the callers I think ring in just to wind other clubs up and it works most of the time lol . some of managers and players listen to show the odd times so they do get the msg from fans. the presenters have a hard job of keeping managers n clubs happy at times so have to be careful on what they say to fans who listen .

I used to love listening to FH/PoG, now not so much. I miss Seth Bennett for a start, he was a really good presenter. But it does seem certain callers can get away with saying more controversial things than other callers can. I also feel that the presenters sometimes try to shoot down callers who disagree, not always but have noticed it now and again.

Overall they do a good job with the callers they let on but less WUM and more football talk is what's needed.