Radio sheffield football heaven

Romario

My favorite caller is Mark (i think) the Pitsmoor Pig.

"Wendensday were reyt good toady yeah, Dave Jones need's more time yeah. I fink we're improving as a squad yeah, but still need time to grow yeah. JJ is a top man yeah and I fink he's the one to grab us some goals yeah."

Pure gold.

My favorite caller is Mark (i think) the Pitsmoor Pig.

"Wendensday were reyt good toady yeah, Dave Jones need's more time yeah. I fink we're improving as a squad yeah, but still need time to grow yeah. JJ is a top man yeah and I fink he's the one to grab us some goals yeah."

Pure gold.

Sounds like he's got a great vocabulary yeah:hihi:

Halfof those people on Radio Sheffield could do with an injection of life, for example

Mark the Miller Rings "Er yeah, we er, yes"

Paul says "How do you think the team played today Mark?"

Mark says "er, yeah, er I think they should score yes"

Paul says "How do you rate the managers performance today mark?"

Mark says "er, he want pleyin wor he"

Paul says "Yes, great contribution there, next on the line we have willy the wednesday fan commenting of todays match at Hillsborough"

Willy "er......:huh::huh::huh:"

How can people listen to that cack, the presenter deserves a medal.

It was once a very good football phone in, but now you have 70% morons and 30% people who have something constructive to contribute and further the debate.

Yep I would guess the fans were the constructive ones, and talking to the managers brought in the morons. I mean could you imagine a night out with Dave Jones & David Weir, be better than sleeping pills.

I thought derogatory porcine terms were banned on this forum?..... I suppose the mods haven't seen them yet.

We've recently attracted a new caller 'The Pitsmoor Blade'

He sounds like Mark the Pitsmoor Owl is teaching him how to make a call to RS. Both are absolutely ............ duh????

God, some people are so (can I say???) thick. :roll:

Rob Staton hosted the show last night. No Brian the Blade I don't think. I was in a poor reception area, so I may have missed him.

It was the Sheffield United show last night, 90% of callers were Blades.

Nigel Clough's on tonight for a full hours Q&A.

Should be enlightening!

Edited by Hotmale 1954
Porcine references.

I thought derogatory porcine terms were banned on this forum?..... I suppose the mods haven't seen them yet.

We've recently attracted a new caller 'The Pitsmoor Blade'

He sounds like Mark the Pitsmoor Owl is teaching him how to make a call to RS. Both are absolutely ............ duh????

God, some people are so (can I say???) thick. :roll:

Rob Staton hosted the show last night. No Brian the Blade I don't think. I was in a poor reception area, so I may have missed him.

It was the Sheffield United show last night, 90% of callers were Blades.

Nigel Clough's on tonight for a full hours Q&A.

Should be enlightening!

Of course its 90% blades, its radio, Wednesday fans have all got telly's.

Some interesting views from fellow Blades on another forum re: Radio Sheffield:

- "They are becoming increasingly arrogant and dismissive of callers, hence many callers eg Mick the Rawmarsh Fowl and Brian the Rotherham fan getting more and more air time as others cannot be bothered to call.

Obviously they decide on their agenda on issues raised and stick to it without listening to valid arguements.

Last night there was a guy defending Brian the Blade( each to their own, but regardless of the person involved the presenter should have the courtesy to listen)and Staton, I think, refused to listen, shouted over the caller and cut him off - because he didn't agree with what was being said.

Unfortunately they have the ultimate power of veto - they cut you off.

What they must realise eventually is that less and less calls are being made and that is the route to pulling the programme.

Talk about biting the hand that feeds you."

Another forum member:

- "I can't listen to Praise Or Grumble anymore.

Partly because of the presenters, like you say, they have their own views and stick to them, including cutting people off and shouting them down if they disagree, but this is part and parcel of a football talk show.

The other side is the utterly embarrassing and down right stupid fans from both sides that go on there.

Not sure if some are simply pretending to be Blades or just are really that stupid but either way, I'll listen to the radio commentary for the away matches I can't make purely because it's the only place on radio we're on, but apart from that I don't bother.

Brian the Blade and that thicko Rawmarsh Mick Pig are two of the most cringe worthy morons that could ever represent either fan base.

I would imagine the pigs are as embarrassed by that tool as we are by Brian, who are both given far too much airtime."

Too many people are talking about presenters cutting people off due to conflicting opinions, not good RS.