Head of Cooperative Bank caught in drugs sting.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2508464/Crystal-meth-shame-Co-op-bank-chief-Paul-Flowers.html

Crystal meth shame of bank chief: Counting off £20 notes to buy hard drugs, this is the man who ran the Co-op Bank... three days after telling MPs how it lost £700m.

Former Labour councillor Rev Flowers yesterday apologised for his 'stupid and wrong' actions and blamed the 'pressures of my role with the Co-op Bank'.

Flowers was the £132,000-a-year chairman of the 'ethical' Co-op Bank from 2010 until May this year when he stepped down as the bank's financial woes became apparent. The bank lost £700 million in the first six months of this year.

On the day after his appearance at the Commons, Flowers sent a text reading: 'I was "grilled" by the Treasury Select Committee yesterday and afterwards came to Manchester to get wasted with friends.

This probably explains why the bank took a such a hit.

And then some.

I'm struggling to understand why he was appointed in the first place.

Even without the crack and crystal meth habit being a matter of common knowledge.

Openly gay so obviously trying to get the Co-Op quotas up !!!

Seriously though, the guy spent some time at 19 as a cashier at Nat West and completed stage 1 of the Banking exams. He them spent most of his career as a methodist preacher so how the hell did he get the position of Chairman ????

Banker in cocaine - use shocker!!!

He's really gone for it though - crack, ice, ketamine, pot and lord knows what else

They say people don't properly grow up these days till their 30s. He's in his 60s and still havin it large.

Openly gay so obviously trying to get the Co-Op quotas up !!!

Seriously though, the guy spent some time at 19 as a cashier at Nat West and completed stage 1 of the Banking exams. He them spent most of his career as a methodist preacher so how the hell did he get the position of Chairman ????

A gay druggie preacher in charge of a bank!

He sounds like fun...

He's really gone for it though - crack, ice, ketamine, pot and lord knows what else

They say people don't properly grow up these days till their 30s. He's in his 60s and still havin it large.

He does seem to be giving the ball a good kick, seriously out of his league in running a bank though! When asked in a select committee what the assets of the bank were he said £3bn when in fact they were £40 bn plus - not a clue.

I'm told they also had a nurse and a plumber on the board - LMAO when I heard this. No wonder they all messed up

He does seem to be giving the ball a good kick, seriously out of his league in running a bank though! When asked in a select committee what the assets of the bank were he said £3bn when in fact they were £40 bn plus - not a clue.

I'm told they also had a nurse and a plumber on the board - LMAO when I heard this. No wonder they all messed up

Couldn't make it up. Mind boggling.

What on earth is going on at the other banks.

Archived