Head of Cooperative Bank caught in drugs sting.

I'm rather puzzled about how Paul Flowers got appointed as chairman of the Co-operative Bank. Being a Labour councilor and minister of the church are not usually considered to be sufficient qualifications for this type of appointment.

Can anyone shed any light on the subject?

I'm rather puzzled about how Paul Flowers got appointed as chairman of the Co-operative Bank. Being a Labour councilor and minister of the church are not usually considered to be sufficient qualifications for this type of appointment.

Do a bit of research, you'll be amazed what you'll find.

I read an article today on this. It seems incredible but the key reason seems to be that he had no banking experience and therefore was untainted by the events leading up to the 2008 crash. he was a reverend too and therefore it was assumed he would high ethical standards. He was already a director at the co-op and therefore assumed to have an understanding of the business.

Basically they needed to find someone who was acceptable to politicians and the public, and at that time finding a senior banker untainted by the 2008 crash was very difficult. Still is.

Archived