£10 to see your doctor?

"Around 90% of prescriptions in England are currently dispensed free of charge"

So, the people that pay for their prescriptions, pay more ( as usual:suspect:)while the 90% that don't, it won't affect:rant:

I'm all for charging a nominal fee to see your GP to weed out the malingerers and also charging no shows but to charge the minority (who pay) even more for prescriptions isn't right:rant:

And is it not correct that 100% of prescriptions in Scotland and Wales are dispensed free of charge .

I agree that people who really need to see a doctor may not go due to the £10 charge, and it will probably deter those who don't need to see a doctor, the problem being that it could work out more expensive for the NHS if the health of those who need treatment deteriorates and their treatment eventually proves more costly because they delayed it.

A lot of cost to the NHS comes from the demands of old people.

Why pay out a lot to keep old guys like me ticking on in uselessness, when that money could be spent on ensuring good health in the young?

Maybe, if I had to pay, I'd seek medical advice less often.

No you've earned it a lot of the cost comes form JK's abusing their bodies with drugs and alcohol, just as much. People exempt from prescription charges are normally those with cancer, thyroid problems & those on Income related benefits.

I get ESA © and have to pay £10.40 a month for prescriptions every month, for last 8 years and if when I go to dentist I have to pay. I remember when they were 20p now nearly 8 quid IMS.

I could not afford my tablets every two months if had to pay full whack for them, but I don't mind what I do pay. I know lots have PPC cards they are best if you have regular items it does sometimes irk me when some categories of ill people get free prescriptions, but what I have is not exempted, but that's life.:)

And is it not correct that 100% of prescriptions in Scotland and Wales are dispensed free of charge .

Correct.

Yes it should be the same for all and i've said it before, everyone should pay something even if it's only £1, but again and again it's the same people paying how is that fair:sad:

Archived