Moving to Hillsborough, pubs, and things for kids?

Matt2013

Hi,

Moving to Hillsborough in December. Can anyone tell me what pubs are better than others close by? I like abit of music some times etc. Also, what things is there to do for kids close by (my lad is 4).

Moving from Mansfield for abit of a change and hopefully to meet some new people!

Thanks.

There is a Weatherspoons in Hillsborough which is always cheap and cheerful.

There is a pub called The New Barrack Tavern a couple of minutes away from Hillsborough centre which has live bands most weekends which has a fabulous atmosphere in it. Also the Park Hotel has music on occasionally and does good pub food.

There is a swimming baths, a great park and lots of open space that I am sure your son would love.

Thanks for the replay. I noticed when I had a walk around that the weatherspoons looked busy. Im moving behind then Jet garage so not far away at all! Ill look out for the new barrack tavern, I love live music with a few beers.

I only have him every other weekend so im sure this is loads to do for 26 days a year! Where is the nearest pictures? Any ideas wheres best to watch live sport? Thank you

Wetherspoons show most big game matches on a huge projection screen, Legends is a sports bar but football is shown in most of the locals.

Nearest cinema is the odeon in the city centre (15 mins on the tram)

What are the other local pubs like? If you read some of the stuff on here you wouldnt leave the safety of your house!hahaha.

Got to get used to using the tram for everything(ish) I guess.

There is a cinema at Centretainment, (Attercliffe) one in the city centre and one in Meadowhall, all just a bus ride or car journey away.

There is Ice skating, High ropes, indoor golf, lazer quest, loads of play areas, bowling and my shop! All can entertain adults and children and a short journey from your new home

The pubs in Hillsborough are all horrible. It's the absolute worst thing about living in the place.

The following are all within striking distance though:

- The Blake (Walkley)

- New Barrack Tavern, Hillsborough Hotel, Wellington, Fat Cat, Kelham Island Tavern, Gardeners Rest (Kelham Island circuit)

- Admiral Rodney, Nags Head, Old Horns, Plough (Loxley/Bradfield)

---------- Post added 19-11-2013 at 22:24 ----------

For cinemas there's Penistone Paramount and the Bradflix film club

We live in Hillsborough, the only pubs we go in are the Hillsborough Hotel & the bar above the Riverside cafe

We go in the Wentworth down the cliffe, the same bloke owns it who owns the Riverside they've got real ales on and wood burners its lovely, signs up saying food coming soon. Will have to try the Riverside if were that side of town

Any ideas wheres best to watch live sport? Thank you

You're moving to Hillsborough! once every fortnight (except some weeks in the summer) there is some great live sport at the greatest stadium in the world :)

Hillsborough is nice, I agree with what people are saying about pubs in the area though, avoid the ones in Hillsborough centre, they tend to be... well drinking holes.

You'll love having Hillsborough park round the corner with your lad. Great playground, kick a ball around, go fishing in the pond, plenty to do there.

Archived