Moving to Hillsborough, pubs, and things for kids?

Matt2013

Im a Stoke fan and go to most games so I'm not so sure ill be going to the 'Stadium' if thats what you want to call it any time soon (unless we go down that is)hahaha.

Its a shame there is no nice pubs in the centre, I noticed about 4 when I was walking around? The park sounds good. I will be looking to join some 5/6 a side kick abouts when I move so hopefully it will all click together.

The following are all within striking distance though:

- The Blake (Walkley)

- New Barrack Tavern, Hillsborough Hotel, Wellington, Fat Cat, Kelham Island Tavern, Gardeners Rest (Kelham Island circuit)

- Admiral Rodney, Nags Head, Old Horns, Plough (Loxley/Bradfield)

Ill have to find and give the above^ a try, thanks for that.

Blake is nice and the park near there is good for kids.

Hillsborough Hotel is pretty good too. The conservatory bit at the back is lovely in Summer and they have some cheap food deals too.

Gardeners is an interesting pub but the beer is not to my taste.

Bottom Welly is smelly but decent beer.

Hi,

Moving to Hillsborough in December. Can anyone tell me what pubs are better than others close by? I like abit of music some times etc. Also, what things is there to do for kids close by (my lad is 4).

Moving from Mansfield for abit of a change and hopefully to meet some new people!

Thanks.

Hi there is lots to do in Hillsborough starting with the Hillsborough Sports Arena, Middlewood Road, S6 4HE it is just up the road at the top of Hawksley Avenue,

Christmas Mar ket will be at the Hillsborough arena, Sunday 1st December 1-5pm with everything for a 4 year old, Father Christmas, Live Reindeer & Donkey, childrens funfair rides, Fire Engine and lots more. Also on Friday 6th December 7.30 onwards there is a Christmas Party Night at the Hillsborough Arena with Live music and pie and pea supper £10. Contact 2347232 for more details or 2335310

Hi there is lots to do in Hillsborough starting with the Hillsborough Sports Arena, Middlewood Road, S6 4HE it is just up the road at the top of Hawksley Avenue,

Christmas Mar ket will be at the Hillsborough arena, Sunday 1st December 1-5pm with everything for a 4 year old, Father Christmas, Live Reindeer & Donkey, childrens funfair rides, Fire Engine and lots more. Also on Friday 6th December 7.30 onwards there is a Christmas Party Night at the Hillsborough Arena with Live music and pie and pea supper £10. Contact 2347232 for more details or 2335310

Thanks for that, Ill have a drive up for this. Do you know if there is a web-site? thanks

The Rawson (Wetherspoon) is OK for a drink on a quiet weeknight but can get rowdy at weekends, especially if Wednesday have been at home.

As others have said, best bets are the New Barrack Tavern on Penistone Road, the tram to the Kelham Island Circuit, or the 31 bus to the Blake.

You could also get the 52 to Crookes, go in the Ball then walk down School Road to the Hallamshire House and Closed shop, via the Cobden View.

Archived