Police probe 'racist' mural at primary school

Nagel

Where is the gollywog?

middle picture high up on the shelf

---------- Post added 19-11-2013 at 17:41 ----------

I've never realty understood why a black doll is racist, but a white doll isn't.

i dont think its just the colour, its the history of it and how it and its names been used since

as i keep sayings about context, which in this case its context to me is perfectly acceptable, specially for the age of the mural, common sense should prevail

I've never realty understood why a black doll is racist, but a white doll isn't.

exactly, and how come a blackboard is rascist, but a whiteboard isn't ?? worlds gone mad... hope that person who complained hasn;t booked a xmas break in holland,

Ohh yeah, I see, I see.

Well, IMO, they could have just left it out and saved themselves the controversy.

Gollywogs are seen as a symbol of a racist past whether people like it or not.

what you mean left it out?? they could see the furore itd cause 70 years later??

---------- Post added 19-11-2013 at 17:43 ----------

exactly, and how come a blackboard is rascist, but a whiteboard isn't ?? worlds gone mad... hope that person who complained hasn;t booked a xmas break in holland,

a blackboard ISNT racist, youve been listening to those urban myths again, youll be saying christmas is banned next :suspect:

Ohh yeah, I see, I see.

Well, IMO, they could have just left it out and saved themselves the controversy.

Gollywogs are seen as a symbol of a racist past whether people like it or not.

Left it out? I think you missed the bit about the painting being from 1936. So, it's a symbol of a racist past, but actually when you see the painting it's playfully done and hard to imagine there was any malice in the artist's intentions.

Archived