Hull named City of Culture for 2017

At least Hull has a city centre not one like Sheffield or Bradford that can't find an investor to build it. But there is a distinct lack of betting shops in the centre of Hull compared to Sheffield. So the folk who sit around all day drinking high strength cider have a longer walk than the dossers from Fitzalan Square

Credit where credit is due... the centre of Hull ain't all that bad.

If Hull wishes to attract people to visit, maybe it should review some opening times. Things may have changed since but our last experience was based on a visit on a Bank Holiday Monday, a couple of years ago. We visited the Deep (I think that's what it's called – a bit like Sea World). I then thought it would be a good idea to visit the Wilberforce Museum, along with the others at the side of the River Hull – an opportunity to help educate our daughter about slavery and its abolition.

The museums were shut. IMO, the best times for these museums to be open IS on a bank holiday Monday. Not shut them BECAUSE it is bank holiday Monday.

In the end we went out to Fort Paull instead, which was OK.

Mr Smarm :rolleyes: Just because the guy has a southern accent that doesn't mean he is smarmy. Your comments show more about you though :roll:

I didn't say that I called him TVs Mr Smarm because he has a southern accent. That was your assumption (which says more about you than it does about me). :roll:

FYI I called him TVs Mr smarm, because he comes across as smarmy.