Recloose visits England's "4th largest" provincial backwater

defstef

It is unfortunate that turnout was low - I feel like that for any live music event, be it from a big name or a band just starting out. And I'm still not convinced I was ever claiming to speak for everyone in Sheffield.

I just objected to being effectively labelled because I don't like the same music as you guys do - that's all.

:)

Defstef -

I'm a big music fan and as many know I love a good boogie. I've never heard of this artist but from the description you've given sounds like I would've loved the night. However, I think this analysis:

Disappointingly low turn-outs at events like this just make Sheffield look bad. I've defended Shef many times and I love it to bits, but you just start to realise how backward it is. There's a lot more that needs to be done to spread the love, I guess.

is utterly wrong. The only people that look bad here are the promoters. Where was I? Elsewhere, because I didn't have a clue it was going on. More needs to be done to spread the love - try some publicity!

Never even heard of him so he cant be that well known (or good)

Ha ha ha! Is that serious??? Because YOU haven't heard of him he can't be...ha ha ha. Cheered me right up that did.

I echo the sentiments of Defstef, it was very disappointing although I must say I was suprised at the size of the room they were booked to play in. You can argue about how good/popular Recloose is forever but booking anyone even remotely underground in a room that big on a Sunday was a bold move IMO. Furthermore, I don't think it was helped by the lack of advertising. I only found out through IDJ website, not Plug or any other local advertising.

Justin was right - they should have been on at the Runaway!

Anyway, I don't care how many people were there, I loved it and soon got over feeling embarrassed for them as they were just so relaxed and happy on stage. I'm now just trying to remember if my girlfriend was wearing a green jumper....:huh:

I'm a big music fan and as many know I love a good boogie. I've never heard of this artist but from the description you've given sounds like I would've loved the night. The only people that look bad here are the promoters. Where was I? Elsewhere, because I didn't have a clue it was going on. More needs to be done to spread the love - try some publicity!

Hi Kathy- it's a shame you weren't down. If you're interested, have a look at http://www.recloose.com - if you love a boogie, you will have heard many of his tracks and remixes from the last 8/9 years at Lights Down Low, Phonetics, and Scuba, where he also DJed about 10 months ago. I think the Plug guys did a fairly reasonable job of distributing flyers and posters around town (although I possibly only noticed them because I was going anyway), though they were quite minimal and should've perhaps have been more descriptive.

Anyway, I don't care how many people were there, I loved it and soon got over feeling embarrassed for them as they were just so relaxed and happy on stage. I'm now just trying to remember if my girlfriend was wearing a green jumper....:huh:

If she was, she was wearing a sleeveless top underneath (when she took her jumper off you sickos). Not that I was staring at her or anything.

Flicked ash into my pint at one point I was so distracted...

Hi Kathy- it's a shame you weren't down. If you're interested, have a look at http://www.recloose.com - if you love a boogie, you will have heard many of his tracks and remixes from the last 8/9 years at Lights Down Low, Phonetics, and Scuba, where he also DJed about 10 months ago. I think the Plug guys did a fairly reasonable job of distributing flyers and posters around town (although I possibly only noticed them because I was going anyway), though they were quite minimal and should've perhaps have been more descriptive.

I think the 'minimal' nature of a lot of flyers and posters is a shame. Often I look at a flyer and wonder what the nights about. I know people are reluctant to label music as one kind or another, I understand that. I just have to rely on people I know pointing me in the right direction.

Archived