Recloose visits England's "4th largest" provincial backwater

defstef

If Plug were so 'forward planning' why did they clash with Dekker. Its not as if Sundays are busy every week. Its all very well slating people for not coming but Sheffield is only a certain size with only a limited number of people who will go out on a given night.

What a load of tosh! to blame a city for the fact that not many punters showed up to a gig! What a criminal example of the over estimation of the importance of ones own taste. The fact it was on a sunday may have had a bit to do with things. The majority of people do not have going out to a gig on their agenda for a Sunday evening- most people work on a monday morning you see. These people tend to go out on a Saturday or Friday or both, but by Sunday , even if they wanted to go out it just dont make sense, not even to see...er..... Recloos.

They / he / it whatever aint well known to the masses so the masses wont turn up.

Great gig tho!

It just don't make no kinda sense, dawg.

...but when I think about it, I am 4 times better than anyone I have ever met, or am ever likely to meet, so everyone else's opinion is just a 'load of tosh'. Even if it's the same as mine. Oh no, wait a second, that can't be right...

Hmmm ... I think the criticism of the poor turnout is valid, especially in the case of people like me, who know they would have loved it and should have been there but didn't bother.

I think those of you who don't like soul/house and haven't heard of Recloose shouldn't really feel like the finger is being pointed at you.

I know I would be embarrassed for my city if I turned up to a rare live gig, only to find that loads of the regular faces I would expect to be out supporting it had stayed at home wearing a pipe and smoking some slippers... or something...

ah up lads/lasses....

no more drowning sorrows....yeah the gig was poorly attended, but we had 3 sellout gigs that same week in Go Team, Biffy Clyro & Goldie Lookin Chain. Some ya win, some ya dont......plus if we only booked the stuff that gonna sell out none of us would be working at Plug. We are trying to push a few boundaries.... and will continue to.... and anyone that turned up on Sunday had a real treat!!!!

now....tonight we have Larry Heard & Will Saul.....and personnally im dribbling at the prospect....Larry himself is a Godfather in music, and Will easily played (for me and others) the best set at Plug last year....

so no more heads down our kids.....get ya glad rags on and keep on dancing !!!!

:thumbsup::D:cool:

Archived