Daily Mail: The Church is facing extinction

Who says they are lies? That's even more bigoted than my belief that all things are possible. At least entertain the possibility that you don't know it all.

Nobody knows anything for certain
, so don't make other people's minds up for them.

I know for certain that the God I was lead to believe existed, is an impossibility. Its simply not possible for it to exist.

Fear of what God might do apparently doesn't stop adults from doing bad things though.

A LAG who served time behind bars with Raoul Moat has told of the killer’s fascination with religion.

Philip L’Estrange was given a bible and Catholic rosary beads by the gunman just days before his release and shooting rampage.

The 27-year-old former inmate, who has since been released from HMP Durham, says Moat always attended church on Sundays during his stint in jail.

The bouncer, who was serving a 16-week stretch for an assault, had a collection of bibles in his cell and a Christian calendar covered in psalms on his wall.

Philip said: “I asked him for a diary and he gave me a bible.

“He had lots of them in his cell. He had a religious calendar on his wall.

“He seemed really into it all. It’s quite strange when you think about what he did. He wasn’t like that before.

“I think he was a religious man. You could only get that kind of bible by going to church.

After he died there was a remembrance service for him. He had been to church a lot so there were prayers for him.”

'Crazy' and 'devout' frequently co-exist. Sadly it often ends in tragedy when the demons are allowed out.

Millions of people around the world would disagree with you, and millions more are humble enough to admit they don't know.

That doesn't change the fact that the Abrahamic God is not possible.

So it either does not exist or it doesn't have the attributes they ascribed to it.

That doesn't change the fact that the Abrahamic God is not possible.

You can tell me why if you like, (I'm sure you can,) but the point is that something is possible.

I don't imagine for one minute it's an old man with a beard sitting on a cloud, but at least it's a simple image a child can understand if they need an image at all. It's a confusing enough subject for adults to debate, and little kids need simplicity - it goes along with routine and boundaries and early bedtimes. It gives them security.

They have plenty of time to argue and rebel later. Then they can make their minds up what they believe. They will have plenty to chose from.

You can tell me why if you like, (I'm sure you can,) but the point is that something is possible.

I don't imagine for one minute it's an old man with a beard sitting on a cloud, but at least it's a simple image a child can understand if they need an image at all. It's a confusing enough subject for adults to debate, and little kids need simplicity - it goes along with routine and boundaries and early bedtimes. It gives them security.

They have plenty of time to argue and rebel later. Then they can make their minds up what they believe. They will have plenty to chose from.

What do you imagine it to be?

We are disagreeing with you that they need the notion of a god, let alone a particular image of one. You haven't yet given anything to support your assertion that kids need to be taught right from wrong via a religion. Despite saying all religions agree on the basics, you haven't explained why they need to be taught one particular religion and not one of the others.

Archived