Get the Macmillan pram walker a star outside town hall

I believe that John Burkhill AKA 'the mad walker with the pram' deserves a star outside the town hall. He is a legend in Sheffield and has done great things for charity. If he was a celebrity they he would have got an OBE, MBE, CBE so i believe the star outside is the least we can do to show our support.

• 1 month later...

Its his 75th birthday today, hes been given a special award by Macmillan for raising £250,000 so far. Hes aiming for the million now!...

“I’m very happy about getting to 75, but I’ve got a long time to go yet,” said John.

“I will get to one million pounds, no question about it.”

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/birthday-surprise-for-sheffield-s-pram-man-1-6350626

I believe that to qualify for a star on the walk of fame, the person must be nationally/internationally recognised. as there have been numerous attempts at getting John a star before.

Have never seen the walk of fame who is on it?

A link to the walk of fame.

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/out--about/tourist-information/sheffield-legends.html

These are people who have been nominated by Sheffield residents as bringing the city recognition at national or international level. They receive special plaques which are set into the pavement in the 'Hall of Fame' outside the Town Hall.

Our Legends

These are the legends (in alphabetical order) who have been identified and recognised so far. New legends are identified each year.

Gordon Banks - England's World Cup winning goalkeeper

Sean Bean - film and TV actor

Joe Cocker - singing legend

Sebastian Coe - Olympic medal winner and Chair of the London 2012 Organising Committee for the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games

Derek Dooley - one of Sheffield's most respected footballers

Dame Margaret Drabble - internationally respected novelist and critic.

Jessica Ennis - Olympic Champion, double Outdoor and Indoor World Champion athlete

Professor Barry Hancock OBE - world renown cancer expert

Brendan Ingle - world famous boxing manager and trainer

Def Leppard - top-selling rock band

David Mellor - internationally renowned cutlery designer

Michael Palin - famous film and television personality

Helen Sharman - first British astronaut

Joe Simpson - renowned mountaineer, author and motivational speaker

Joe Scarborough - one of Sheffield’s finest artists

Michael Vaughan - one of this country’s most successful cricket captains

Clinton Woods - world champion boxer

Archived