Problems with Universal Jobmatch

I apologise if this is in the wrong section.

I was talking to a advisor from Hillsborough Job Centre yesterday and I was told that there is a problem with the Universal Jobmatch website that the dole office want jobseekers to use.

The jobsite asks you to upload your CV so that employers can view it. It then asks you to name the CV that you have uploaded, naturally I used my name as the name of the CV.it turns out that when you apply for a job the computer that reads your CV doesn't recognise your CV so doesn't send your details to the employer of the job that you think you have applied for. Its taken the DWP a year to tell us that there is a problem with this site. This explains why for the past year of using this site I haven't had any replies from the 200 jobs that I have applied for. people are getting sanctioned because of this site as no-one knows how to use it.:loopy::rant:

I have to admit every job i've applied for on the Jobmatch site has usually taken me to an agency linked website which has then asked for the cv directly.

The cv link does work for me 'cos as soon as i uploaded mine and made it public i've constantly been harassed by recruitment agencies and this is the only site where my cv is public.

when it first got introduced i had to show 2 of the staff how to use it at woodhouse jobcentre.

You see that is the problem, when JCP/DWP introduce new software they assume that all staff can use a PC, a lot of JC staff just know enough to do the jobs they do.

They have no interest in computers so know the basics, especially "end to send", that gets your dole paid. Most things they are given either have no training or, training that is so inadequate pointless having it.

So in fairness it's not the staffs fault it's the bosses, some are whizzes on PC's but sadly lots aren't.

DO NOT GIVE ACCESS TO YOUR ACCOUNT TO DWP

Please read the following link, they are trying to brainwash you.

http://universaljobmatch.eu/en/what-should-i-do

a.they don't (or didn't) tell me i had to give access, i did it as the other option is a mandatory handwritten account of calls made.

b. why should we listen to anyone who uses the American language to tell English people what to do regarding an English website.

---------- Post added 20-11-2013 at 21:09 ----------

Anyone facing a sanction for not using Universal Jobmatch should ask the adviser if they got their job at JCP through it. If they say no then just say if it wasn't good enough for you......

One would assume to be in the job @JCP they had gained the position before the introduction of UJM.

I've refused to follow their Twitter feed and had my application approved,they can't sanction me for it at a later date.

Archived