Working at ICT in 60,s

Where was ICT (International Computers and Tabulators)located in Sheffield? I remember them in Manchester, but not in Sheff. They eventually became ICL (International Computers Limited). Am I completely off mark here?

I spent a lot of time programming an ICL 1906S computer (a "real" computer) if that is any use!

• 2 years later...
My use was for scientific research and investigations.

Thats quite interesting you wouldn't think they would be able to do things like that back then how did they do scientific research what would they do?

Thats quite interesting you wouldn't think they would be able to do things like that back then how did they do scientific research what would they do?

I used the ICL 1906S to research into various aspects of computing science and also helped other scientists use it for their own research into different fields of science (often, but not exclusively, physics related). The group I worked in had been working on other, earlier computers - including building their own - since the 1940s.

Sheffield University also used to have ICL computers.

Edited by TWhits