SKY tv cancelled but still paying

Do a direct debit indemnity at your bank, tell them the situation and they will refund your money and then they can claim back from sky

For what?

The customer has never cancelled Sky or her direct debit. Who is at fault?

I wouldn't trust my oh to cancel dd's why should i trust someone who is ismply trying to sell me a competitor service.

Looks fairly straightforward to me virgin are at fault for misinforming the customer how can sky cancel if they are not told.

Have to say whenever I call Sky in Sheffield I find them extremely helpful unlike many other company's call centres which are a nightmare.

Please can someone advise.I changed from Sky tv to Virgin Tv and broadband and was told at the Virgin shop by the staff member that they had cancelled with Sky and all sorted.I have checked my bank account and the Sky direct debit has still been taken.I should have checked before, but its now 6 months that Im paying both.I have now cancelled Sky direct debit.Would Sky refund me as Ive not used their services? Please help.

don't rely on virgin to cancel sky, it's not their job to, whatever they may tell you.

also, when you phone sky to cancel, take a name of who you spoke to and the date and time you cancelled because sky will magically have no recollection of you cancelling and will still try to take money.

don't rely on virgin to cancel sky, it's not their job to, whatever they may tell you.

also, when you phone sky to cancel, take a name of who you spoke to and the date and time you cancelled because sky will magically have no recollection of you cancelling and will still try to take money.

Neither should it be legal for them to do so - my oh can't cancel my sky account.

Only account holder can cancel Sky no one else, you have definitely been misinformed, although somehow I doubt virgin will own up to it.

Personally I check my bank account every month just in case unauthorised money is going out it amazes me how many people don't.

For what?

The customer has never cancelled Sky or her direct debit. Who is at fault?

I wouldn't trust my oh to cancel dd's why should i trust someone who is ismply trying to sell me a competitor service.

For the reason that virgin said it would be cancelled for her? Regardless of blame sky isn't out of pocket, they haven't provided any services to be charged for it all came from virgin. Direct debit indemnity is there for when mistakes happen which they do to all of us no ones perfect.

For the reason that virgin said it would be cancelled for her? Regardless of blame sky isn't out of pocket, they haven't provided any services to be charged for it all came from virgin. Direct debit indemnity is there for when mistakes happen which they do to all of us no ones perfect.

BUT Virgin aren't legally allowed to cancel - which means that they were lying therefore it's not the fault of sky.

BUT Virgin aren't legally allowed to cancel - which means that they were lying therefore it's not the fault of sky.

Exactly and I have heard some real nightmares with Virgin billing from work colleagues good luck with them!

I have just gone through this saga - my problem was when I signed up with sky, I used a credit card - you can't cancel a debit off a credit card, it has to be cancelled by the supplier of the service.

So the work round if anyone else has this problem - log on to the sky website - change your method of payment to Direct Debit off your Bank Account (you need account number & Sort Code). Wait for a payment to be made from your bank account, then cancel it on the Bank's website. This was the only way I could stop them because they were ignoring my letters.

Sky contradict themselves.....I have just had my sky package suspended by them..... Because we have hit financial hardship at the moment and after numerous emails explaining our situation, also because we are on a 12 month contract with them they said we cannot cancel our subscription. But they've just done it anyway.....

Archived