What is the Roughest and Toughest Sheffield Pub - Today

Jabsy1978

I don't wanna here about pubs form the 1970's. Which is the roughest, toughest boozer in Sheffield ....

Unfortunately bud I rarely go in pubs now but a strange question, are you thinking of offering the "****" of the pub out or summat, Bankers Draft gets a few hot heads in.

I've heard Big Gun in Wicker can get tasty, and the one at corner of Lady's Bridge, it's had that many names I forget now. Sadly as you don't want to hear about old pubs that in effect kills the thread, Darnall used to be a great pub crawl but only 1 pub there now.:(

The Tap & Barrel is the one by Lady's Bridge. I've been in there a few times for the cheap drinks and while there's an 'element', I wouldn't say it's that rough. The Alexandra at the other end of Castlegate on the other hand, that's always looked quite scary to me, but then the Harlequin is more my pace!

I live in Darnall now and I've always thought the Terminus looks like it could get a bit spicy. You've got the Albert and the Sportsman on Darnall Road too, which are both friendly pubs.

The Tap & Barrel is the one by Lady's Bridge. I've been in there a few times for the cheap drinks and while there's an 'element', I wouldn't say it's that rough. The Alexandra at the other end of Castlegate on the other hand, that's always looked quite scary to me, but then the Harlequin is more my pace!

I live in Darnall now and I've always thought the Terminus looks like it could get a bit spicy. You've got the Albert and the Sportsman on Darnall Road too, which are both friendly pubs.

Cheers couldn't remember name, I like the Harlequin on times I've been in, I believe the Alexandra is closed now but was a rough house. I was told that the 1st question on quiz night was "What tha looking at t**t"?

Never been in Sportsman, Albert I have many years ago, the last time I went in the Wellington at Darnall before it shut for good, now that had got rough.

I know the OP is asking for rough pubs but most answers seem to have come from, the Cinzano Bianco brigade.

Never been in any but there are some very dodgy looking pubs on the side streets of Burngreave The Grapes Inn and The Staffordshire Arms for example!! I often wonder who goes in these pubs and what the landlords are like. These pubs would have been very popular back in the days when the honest thirst of steelworkers were sated Goodness knows who frequent them now and how they keep going.

Not sure there is such a thing as a 'rough pub' anymore, they've all gone. I've always had far more problems with smack heads, chavs, meatheads and the obligatory 'guy with limp and a dog' in the pubs on estates rather than in town. Town pubs have a higher turnover of clientele than those on the estates, so the tumbleweed effect when you walk in the door doesn't happen.

Archived