What is the Roughest and Toughest Sheffield Pub - Today

Jabsy1978

What's The Bassett at Foxhill like these days? It was my Grandad's local and we used to go in and drink John Smiths in the mid to late 90s (around the time it had a brief name change to 'The Circus Tavern')- it was full of brick s*it houses who loved my Gramps for being a war hero. In my experience respect for the elderly, in particular WWII servicemen, is a common virtue of double hard ********.

What's The Bassett at Foxhill like these days? It was my Grandad's local and we used to go in and drink John Smiths in the mid to late 90s (around the time it had a brief name change to 'The Circus Tavern')- it was full of brick s*it houses who loved my Gramps for being a war hero. In my experience respect for the elderly, in particular WWII servicemen, is a common virtue of double hard ********.[/QUOTE]

I would agree with that.

Not sure about these days, but for many years, the roughest, toughest pub was without doubt the John O' Gaunt.

What's The Bassett at Foxhill like these days? It was my Grandad's local and we used to go in and drink John Smiths in the mid to late 90s (around the time it had a brief name change to 'The Circus Tavern')- it was full of brick s*it houses who loved my Gramps for being a war hero. In my experience respect for the elderly, in particular WWII servicemen, is a common virtue of double hard ********.[/QUOTE]

I would agree with that.

Not sure about these days, but for many years, the roughest, toughest pub was without doubt the John O' Gaunt.

Oh yes and the Magpie at Lowedges was rough

I would agree with that.

Used to go in JOG for afternoon tea,Magnet was rough but the worst I went in was Wetherby,called in once and never went back.

Archived