What is the Roughest and Toughest Sheffield Pub - Today

Jabsy1978

the Hen & Chicks was always a bit scary.

I liked the Cannon in the late 1990s; there was a lovely barmaid, if you came in more than once she treated you as a regular. And it wasn't easy to go in more than once....Some of the working girls used it, including Sarah, who I think may have done time after the Lester Divers trial.....

Rough does not have to mean fighting , i remember going in the Viaduct, on the Wicker. One lunch time, there were some proper rough lot in there, it made the "shameless" estate look posh.

Anyway there was a table, with a Wayne and waynetta and their 9/10 year old lad, well the kid was kicking off, so Waynetta being the loving mother she was lit up a cigar for him to smoke!!!!!

Played against their football team as well , a rum lot .

The pub like so many has long gone, a blessing i say.

Rough does not have to mean fighting , i remember going in the Viaduct, on the Wicker. One lunch time, there were some proper rough lot in there, it made the "shameless" estate look posh.

Anyway there was a table, with a Wayne and waynetta and their 9/10 year old lad, well the kid was kicking off, so Waynetta being the loving mother she was lit up a cigar for him to smoke!!!!!

Played against their football team as well , a rum lot .

The pub like so many has long gone, a blessing i say.

Yeah, what happened to the Hare & Hounds?

And I see the Bull & Mouth, was it? , was a Tap and Spile, really nicely run by Ken in the late 1990s; but he couldn't make it work as real ale is not known to the ex Wicker crowd; now its a Tap and Barrel, welcome all low life.....

Archived