Leak problem with car

Can some please advice me of any good mechanics who can fix my leak in my Nissan car (little puddle underneath driver and also behind driver side too, I believe the heater matrix gone). I have been told it's a big job, because you have to remove the dashboard etc. Can some tell me who much will it cost to repair?

I always use Hutchinsons Motors at Malin Bridge. They are extremely helpful and very reasonable!

They have located and fixed various leaks in my various (old) cars, and when the heater matrix went in my mum's 20 year old Carina they worked out a way keep it on the road even though replacement parts were no longer available anywhere in the world.

My big Merc is there at the moment, awaiting parts...

Can some please advice me of any good mechanics who can fix my leak in my Nissan car (little puddle underneath driver and also behind driver side too, I believe the heater matrix gone). I have been told it's a big job, because you have to remove the dashboard etc. Can some tell me who much will it cost to repair?

Is the driver of the vehicle elderly ? :hihi:

Is the water level in the header tank going down (to suggest the matrix is leaking), is the water fresh or have anti freeze in it (smells chemically)?

I'd be looking at the simple solutions first, to make sure it not rainwater getting in from a blocked sunroof drain, blocked drain in the scuttle etc

Personally, unless I really love a car, if it starts leaking, I get shot ASAP. If it's not something simple like a blocked drain, you can spend hundreds and hundreds chasing a leak without ever getting to the bottom of it, and all the while it's doing more damage to the car. Dry it out, clean it up, chop it in, let the dealer worry about it.

Archived