Bible - Fiction?

No, an agnostic is of the position that nothing can be known about the existence of god/s. They can still believe or not believe.

Where do you get your definition of atheist from?

Yes, although in my opinion its an odd position, I believe that God exists but I have no idea what it is, what it can do or whether it actually exists.

Read what I said again. I said; "it's my view that you are an agnostic atheist like me". It was a description of what I think the correct label for you is given what you have said, an opinion shared by others here I might add.

Read what you then said about me as an atheist immediately after. You said; "Yes they obviously do. They BELIEVE, with no proven facts to support them that there is no God. Without proof, all they have is a BELIEF in the correctness of their assumption." It's you that is expressing a rather dogmatic opinion of atheists, and double standards.

So as I said, you in your own words tried to 'label' me, which was my objection in the first place. :)

As for being dogmatic that will no doubt be a residue left over from my Catholic upbringing. :)

Catholics do not indulge in 'well on the one hand, then again on the other' style of debate when it comes to the Holy Faith.

Although, as I pointed out in my original post on this thread the Professor of Physics who first proposed the 'Big Bang' theory was a Catholic Jesuit priest.

So their pretty comfortable with science, in a 'Well if that's the way God wanted to do it fair enough' kind of way. :)

Why wouldn't you want to believe in freedom of choice?

I do accept freedom of choice.

What I don't understand is why you would believe something with no supporting evidence.

I assume you'd want to use evidence if you were on trial and not rely on freedom of choice for the jury?

---------- Post added 19-12-2013 at 17:04 ----------

Yes, although in my opinion its an odd position, I believe that God exists but I have no idea what it is, what it can do or whether it actually exists.

Why do you believe that a god exists?

So as I said, you in your own words tried to 'label' me, which was my objection in the first place. :)

As for being dogmatic that will no doubt be a residue left over from my Catholic upbringing. :)

Catholics do not indulge in 'well on the one hand, then again on the other' style of debate when it comes to the Holy Faith.

Although, as I pointed out in my original post on this thread the Professor of Physics who first proposed the 'Big Bang' theory was a Catholic Jesuit priest.

So their pretty comfortable with science, in a 'Well if that's the way God wanted to do it fair enough' kind of way. :)

I know a vicar that doesn't believe in god, so there is no guarantee that all Catholic Jesuit priest believe in God, some might have just become priests to gain access to children. :o oops did I say that out loud. :)

What you think 'nonsense' does not become that merely because it's what you think.
No, it's nonsense because there is no sense to it, nothing to do with what I think.

What was said about your little passage about souls by that other poster, that it was

"...a load of wild speculation, with no basis in fact"

was completely true, it wasn't just his opinion.

Your response 'that it's about freedom of choice' prompted another poster to ask you

"Why would you want to believe something without caring about the evidence?"

Archived