Bible - Fiction?

In that case you should be able to determine whether or not such an entity is possible, if its not possible then it can't exist. That's my position.

If you think its possible but you aren't convinced it exists then you are atheist.

If you believe that Christians can know the nature of God and accept some of the teaching on the nature of god then you can't be agnostic. Being agnostic is a logical contradiction.

To believe that nothing can be known of the nature of God would require some knowledge of the nature of God.

No it doesn't. All it means is that whilst there may be a God,or what we humans refer to as God, meaning the Creator, there is no proof that any current religion has it right. Therefore we don't know the nature of God which doesn't however mean there isn't one.

In my view if such a Creator were to exist it would be something beyond the intelligence of man to understand.

All of the various Gods worshiped on this earth came from the imaginations of men.

Where did I say that I believed Christians know the nature of God? They think they do, I disagree. What I said was I understand the concept.

An agnostic is simply saying 'I don't know whether or not God exists'. What is so difficult to grasp about that straightforward statement?

Ignosticism is taking it too far in my opinion, smacks of willful deliberate obtuseness, probably WUM's :D.

An agnostic is simply saying 'I don't know whether or not God exists'. What is so difficult to grasp about that straightforward statement?

Apart from that not being the definition of the word agnostic.

Car the man this was mood and very sun closely large.

No. It is a lack of belief in a God

Which makes it a Belief that there is no God.

As I keep trying to get through to you if you cannot prove an assertion which you make, then it becomes a Belief.

You can play around with semantics all you wish, but the fact still remains that the sentence ' Atheists do not Believe in the existence of God(s).' is one that all normal people would accept.

Wiggle all you want, but the facts remain just like the Monkees your a believer. :)

Which makes it a Belief that there is no God.

As I keep trying to get through to you if you cannot prove an assertion which you make, then it becomes a Belief.

You can play around with semantics all you wish, but the fact still remains that the sentence ' Atheists do not Believe in the existence of God(s).' is one that all normal people would accept.

Wiggle all you want, but the facts remain just like the Monkees your a believer. :)

I'll ask you again

Can you explain how to prove a negative in respect of the supernatural?

Can you explain how to prove a negative in respect of the supernatural?

No I can't, but it isn't my problem is it? Atheists are the ones claiming there's no God, so it's down to them to work that one out isn't it?

Until such time as they do, they will just have to go on BELIEVING that no God(s) exist won't they?

No I can't, but it isn't my problem is it? Atheists are the ones claiming there's no God, so it's down to them to work that one out isn't it?

Until such time as they do, they will just have to go on BELIEVING that no God(s) exist won't they?

That isn't the position at all, it's based on the available evidence. Exactly the same as unicorns, pixies, ghosts......

Apart from that not being the definition of the word agnostic.

Car the man this was mood and very sun closely large.

Firstly, I didn't say it was a definition did I? It is however a perfectly valid explanation as to an agnostic viewpoint.

Secondly, please explain the difference between 'Person who believes that one cannot know whether or not God exists' which is the Oxford English Dictionary definition & what I said 'I don't know whether or not God exists'.

Seems perfectly correct to me. :)

What does your final sentence mean? Not started 'speaking in tongues' have you?

---------- Post added 19-12-2013 at 20:09 ----------

That isn't the position at all, it's based on the available evidence. Exactly the same as unicorns, pixies, ghosts......

Really? Whilst I have the Oxford English Dictionary to hand.

Atheism. definition. 'The belief that God does not exist.'

Please note the use of the word BELIEF.

Really? Whilst I have the Oxford English Dictionary to hand.

Atheism. definition. 'The belief that God does not exist.'

What about the line before that?

Why do you insist on using the second subset definition? The inferior definition? The definition that I don't apply to myself, nor know any atheist who does?

Strewth, ... and you complain about being labelled.

Edit: here you go:

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/atheist?q=Atheist

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/atheism?q=atheism

The latest version has even dropped your favoured definition. It's redundant.

Archived