Bible - Fiction?

I can understand why some people might find the discussion tedious, but they don't have to read it or contribute to it.

I'm happy to agree to disagree.

The vast majority of people aren't trying to prove or disprove the existence of God, it doesn't make them agnostic.

Not sure what relevance this as to the discussion.

In that case it seams a bit odd to conclude that nothing can be known about the nature or existence of God.

You are entitled to hold whatever belief you want to hold, but it doesn't make it more logical than the beliefs of anyone else.

My late father had a saying in regard to annoyingly argumentative people who like to argue for the sake of it.

'He's the kind of bloke who would argue about how many beans make five.'

This whole thread is becoming boring now.

I have explained to you, with monotonous frequency that I regard myself as an agnostic.

May I impress upon you how little I care as to whether you agree or disagree?

My belief is that the Universe is so immense & complex that humans won't ever truly understand it.

You disagree. That is your prerogative. I am am past caring, & indeed didn't really care that much in the beginning.

Believing that your views are the most logical is common to just about everyone. To think otherwise would be somewhat illogical wouldn't it?

By the same token of course it applies equally as well to you & your views doesn't it?

Whilst God(s) may, or may not exist, until conclusive proof is produced either way, I shall take the view that nobody knows (whatever they may proclaim) & the best option is to get on with your life, heed the wise words of Marcus Aurelius as to how to deal with the presence or absence of God(s)

& try to live a good life.

Should you feel the need to continue this discussion would you do me the kindness of leaving it until after the holidays?

We have guests staying over for Christmas & it is rude to leave them unattended whilst messing on the computer for no particularly good reason.

Do not be upset, whilst I'm sure you're missing me already, I shall return, God Willing :) after the holiday .

In the meantime a very happy Christmas to one & all. :)

To come to the conclusion that I believe your posts are mundanely tedious
I haven't come to that conclusion about you, to me you are simply a troll, here just to verbally abuse people for your own self gratification.

---------- Post added 23-12-2013 at 15:23 ----------

My late father had a saying in regard to annoyingly argumentative people who like to argue for the sake of it.

'He's the kind of bloke who would argue about how many beans make five.'

This whole thread is becoming boring now.

Yet you choose to continue arguing. :)

---------- Post added 23-12-2013 at 15:40 ----------

I have explained to you, with monotonous frequency that I regard myself as an agnostic.

Yes you have, and you've even posted the definition of the word, but then you go on to constrict yourself.

May I impress upon you how little I care as to whether you agree or disagree?
What makes you think that I care, I'm happy to agree to disagree with you.

My belief is that the Universe is so immense & complex that humans won't ever truly understand it.

You disagree. That is your prerogative. I am am past caring, & indeed didn't really care that much in the beginning.

I know you don't care, you have said many times that you don't care, you are simply here for amusement.

Believing that your views are the most logical is common to just about everyone. To think otherwise would be somewhat illogical wouldn't it?

By the same token of course it applies equally as well to you & your views doesn't it?

I haven't claimed that my views are the most logical.

Whilst God(s) may, or may not exist, until conclusive proof is produced either way, I shall take the view that nobody knows (whatever they may proclaim) & the best option is to get on with your life, heed the wise words of Marcus Aurelius as to how to deal with the presence or absence of God(s) & try to live a good life.
Yes I agree and do just that, part of life though is talking to people and I enjoy discussions such as this.

Should you feel the need to continue this discussion would you do me the kindness of leaving it until after the holidays?
I will assume from this that you won't be reading this until after the holidays.

We have guests staying over for Christmas & it is rude to leave them unattended whilst messing on the computer for no particularly good reason.

Yes that would be very rude, have a great Christmas with your guests.

Do not be upset, whilst I'm sure you're missing me already, I shall return, God Willing :) after the holiday .

Yes, I'm very sad that you think more of your guests than our discussion. :)

In the meantime a very happy Christmas to one & all. :)

Agreed, have a very merry Christmas everyone, even you skinz.

I haven't come to that conclusion about you, to me you are simply a troll, here just to verbally abuse people for your own self gratification.

I didn't verbally abuse you..I made a criticism (mundane and tedious) of your narcissistic style of posting. If you don't like it or read it as offensive then take your own advice. Don't read it and or don't reply to it, making it tedious for others.

Anyway, back on topic..is it justifiable that the bible is referred to as "fiction"?

I didn't verbally abuse you..I made a criticism (mundane and tedious) of your narcissistic style of posting. If you don't like it or read it as offensive then take your own advice. Don't read it and or don't reply to it, making it tedious for others.

Anyway, back on topic..is it justifiable that the bible is referred to as "fiction"?

I don't find your posts tedious, I find them amusing, and I was referring to the post in which you called other members children, as well as the many other insults you have posted over the years. But its not worth arguing about, so have a nice Christmas. :)

I was referring to the post in which you called other members children, as well as the many other insults you have posted over the years. But its not worth arguing about, so have a nice Christmas. :)

Then don't, you'll get accused of narcissism.

Back on topic now?

Then don't, you'll get accused of narcissism.

Back on topic now?

Only by the trolls, and they are a very amusing group. :)

---------- Post added 23-12-2013 at 16:06 ----------

Some great posts there angos. Have great solstice, Christmas or whatever :)

Thank you, have a great solstice yourself. :)

Archived