Blackfish film, did you see it last night? Still going to Seaworld?

Oh my God, this was one of the most shocking and mesmerizing documentaries I have seen in a very long time. It was so upsetting to see the suffering both physically & mentally that captive Orcas are forced to endure. It's truly barbaric & unforgivable. The lengths Seaworld have gone to to cover up the ugly truth of their miserable captive existence is unbelievable. Shame on them.

Here is the link to view the trailer for the film.

Please, I urge everyone to watch the whole documentary and when your kids next ask to go and see Shamu, show them this film, so they can see for themselves the dreadful existence beyond the glitz & glamour these most majestic & highly intelligent animals are forced to endure day after day.

• 1 year later...

I've been watching the documentary about captive whales, it's one of the most compelling things I've watched- . Highly recommend people watch it and sign the petition :)

SeaWorld: End Captive Orca Breeding Program - Sign the Petition!

https://www.change.org/p/seaworld-end-captive-orca-breeding-program?recruiter=363079804&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=whatsapp

To be honest, this kind of thing is quite common - and not just confined to whales and Seaworld. Check out this moving story about a circus elephant going on the rampage. To me the most poignant quote is that the day this Elephant decided it was an Elephant and not some circus sideshow was the last day of it's life. Unfortunately, it also was the last of it's handler too.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b062xfv0

If you missed it first time round, BBC4 is repeating it again tonight at 10.30pm. Storyville: Blackfish The Whale That Killed. Be warned, there is some very upsetting scenes and disturbing footage of orca attacks.

Orca attacks on humans are VERY rare...but, in captivity the percentages rise, dramatically. Personally I found the narrative of the documentary far more 'upsetting'. Totally inept and misinformed handlers.

Who'd keep a Goldfish in a mug?