Coruption endemic in Britain's ethnic minorities says Attorney General

vinyl

They never did, but as has been reported ethnic groups particularly those from Pakistan have taken it up a level. You don't justify robbery by claiming others do it too.

I don't see a British criminal being any better or different than a foreign criminal........they are all criminals.If British people dislike having their laws broken by foreigners,I would suggest that they set an example and not break them themselves.

I don't see a British criminal being any better or different than a foreign criminal........they are all criminals.If British people dislike having their laws broken by foreigners,I would suggest that they set an example and not break them themselves.

That's deliberately missing the point. The point is that Pakistan is a far more corrupt place than the UK. We would prefer to keep our levels of crime falling rather than have folks arriving with their own values and have them increase.

That's deliberately missing the point. The point is that Pakistan is a far more corrupt place than the UK. We would prefer to keep our levels of crime falling rather than have folks arriving with their own values and have them increase.

So if there are so many people living in the UK that have arrived from Pakistan over decades now,you wouldn't expect the crime rate in the UK to be falling.Just because people are corrupt in Pakistan,it doesn;t mean they are,or have to be corrupt in the UK.If you are dealing with corruption everyday in Pakistan then you have to be part of that system if you want to get even the basics of a normal life,even if you don't want to be part of it.In the UK those same people know that you don't have to be part of that system to have a normal life,so they don't have to resort to corruption,that is what they want.

BUt we're living in the United Kingdom with laws and rules which support our way of life.

But our laws and rules do not shape us. What shapes us is the nurturing we receive in the community in which we live. And the nurturing of Islamic culture, time and time again, produces dysfunctional societies plagued by violent extremism and violence. And we are experiencing those issues here in the UK because they are retaining the culture. The only reason it is not as bad as in Muslim countries is because they are still a minority... but every year they become less of a minority so we need to act.

Our laws are a product of our culture not the other way around.

In saying that youre making the huge assumption that people who come from one country all follow the same philosophy, they might leave those countries to come here because they dont like the extremist one.

I am sure they do leave to escape extremism and poverty that they would like to remain behind. What they appear not to realise/accept is that what they fleed was a product of their culure... which is why we are not so keen on it here.

But our laws and rules do not shape us. What shapes us is the nurturing we receive in the community in which we live. And the nurturing of Islamic culture, time and time again, produces dysfunctional societies plagued by violent extremism and violence. And we are experiencing those issues here in the UK because they are retaining the culture. The only reason it is not as bad as in Muslim countries is because they are still a minority... but every year they become less of a minority so we need to act.

I am sure they do leave to escape extremism and poverty that they would like to remain behind. What they appear not to realise/accept is that what they fleed was a product of their culure... which is why we are not so keen on it here.

This is utter nonsense which comes perilously close to overt racism (if we can use that term to describe Islamophobia) .

You appear to be suggesting that Muslims, by their very nature are prone towards violence and extremism. It's simply untrue.

You don't like Muslims do you? :rolleyes:

And yet official crime rates are going down rather than up....

And the crimes that they are being accused of - corruption, fraud, violence, grooming are not particular to that religion or culture.

There may have been localised areas of election fraud in certain UK cities associated with Muslims.

The AG was naive to assume that the discussion could be kept to the localised issue of election fraud, given the penchant of some people to generalise.

It can't be forced........there are laws to stop it being forced,and having foreign cultures being forced on us is completely different to having foreigners abandon their cultures to follow British culture,this is the point under discussion now.

What laws stop the anti-social cultural practice of the Roma in Page Hall from impacting on the lives of residents? Do they have a choice?

This is utter nonsense which comes perilously close to overt racism (if we can use that term to describe Islamophobia) .

You appear to be suggesting that Muslims, by their very nature are prone towards violence and extremism. It's simply untrue.

There is no such thing as Islamophobia because a phobia requires the fear to be irrational. And when you look at the state of every Muslim country it makes perfect sense to fear the growth of Islamic culture here.

I do not think Muslims are by nature more prone to violence or extremism. I think they are more prone to it by nurture... hence my issue with their culture and not them on a personal level.

You don't like Muslims do you? :rolleyes:

I don't much care for the religion (or any other religion for that matter) but I don't have anything against Muslims personally. Most Muslims I have meet seem like decent people but that doesn't change the fact that Islamic culture has a bad habit of producing dysfunctional states that are often not nice places for Muslims to live, let alone non-Muslims.

I know it is too much to ask Mulsims to give up their religion but I do not think it is too much to ask for them to leave behind cultural practices in order to change things and buck the trend.

And yet official crime rates are going down rather than up....

And the crimes that they are being accused of - corruption, fraud, violence, grooming are not particular to that religion or culture.

There may have been localised areas of election fraud in certain UK cities associated with Muslims.

The AG was naive to assume that the discussion could be kept to the localised issue of election fraud, given the penchant of some people to generalise.

So you attribute lower crime rates to mass immigration? Now that is a leap.

You are right that the election frauds are localised. But they are localised in areas where Asians have massed... that's the problem. It's cultural.

You are not saying that if there were no rules and laws,every Brit would act in exactly the same way as they do now are you?

I'm not saying that no. Laws help hold everything together but they are ultimately just a reflection of the culture and can change as the culture changes. Culture shapes laws not the other way around.

It's no more racist than saying a follower of the Westbury Baptist Church are more predisposed towards homophobia. I doubt you'd be called Westburyphobic for it.

Archived