Coruption endemic in Britain's ethnic minorities says Attorney General

vinyl

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/jun/04/corporate-britain-corrupt-lobbying-revolving-door

Meanwhile,in the rest of corporate Britain,there is no 'corruption',because it's all legal.

Britain is now an increasingly corrupt country at its highest levels – not in the sense of directly bribing officials, of course, and it's almost entirely legal. But our public life and democracy is now profoundly compromised by its colonisation. Corporate and financial power have merged into the state.

In many other countries,people involved in the stuff that goes on in the article are called 'The Mafia'

It had the possibility to affect the outcome of a number of elected seats, no miniscule matter for those people effectively robbed of their legitimate votes in those areas. How would you like it if somebody said you're not allowed to vote at the next election?

I was paraphrasing the use of 'miniscule' in the same way Happ Hazard had done in suggesting we keep in perspective how relatively uncorrupted Britain is.

Have a look on here to find out= http://www.ranker.com/list/the-most-corrupt-countries-in-the-world/info-lists

Pakistan is at number 40.

So corrupt, but not world record beating corrupt.

I can see what the Attorney General is getting at, because when you see a news report about electoral fraud it very often includes names you know are Pakistani, but to make a special issue of it seems unnecessary. These cases are coming to light and being prosecuted.

The cases are regularly about fraudulent postal voting. I think there's a strong case to ban postal votes.

I do not share the view wholly that the Pakistani community is 'corrupt', thats quite a strong statement to make unless you back up the statement with something statistically to show that.

It is true that the British Pakistani people live in segregation like many communities that have moved to these lands from others and there was recently a big to-do about Pakistanis and the rise in insurance fraud and the percentage of those in work/those on benefits in comparison to national averages, but none of this is enough to conclude in my opinion that they are anymore corrupt than anyone else.

I think it could be true to say that there is a great deal of corruption in Pakistan its self, but that should not reflect on the community living over here.

Archived