Pakistani City under curfew as sectarian violence breaks out again

vinyl

Not that there has ever been trouble between different Christian factions like the Protestants and Catholics in Northern Ireland.

The troubles in NI are more attributed to nationalist and republican views. Its just that these ideals are or were almost entire exclusive to one group or the other, exaggerating the problem. Protestants and Catholics live side by side relative peace these days and even work together.

The troubles in Islam started from the death of Muhammad, so almost from day one of the religion.

The troubles in NI are more attributed to nationalist and republican views. Its just that these ideals are or were almost entire exclusive to one group or the other, exaggerating the problem. Protestants and Catholics live side by side relative peace these days and even work together.

You've never sat on the terraces during a match between Celtic & Rangers then?

The troubles in NI are more attributed to nationalist and republican views.

But you're happy to put differences in Islam purely down to religion whereas often differences will be around relative power/privelige the factions have in their society.

---------- Post added 23-11-2013 at 13:56 ----------

You've never sat on the terraces during a match between Celtic & Rangers then?

Perhaps he'd like to test his theory by walking down the Shankhill in hoops :cool:

Does that mean they aren't blowing each other up?

8 dead in sectarian clashes is no more "blowing each other up" than the sectarian clashes in Northern Ireland. Yes, a small minority are using violence - but we have some people who want to tar all Muslims as violent or potentially so simply because of their religion.

8 dead in sectarian clashes is no more "blowing each other up" than the sectarian clashes in Northern Ireland. Yes, a small minority are using violence - but we have some people who want to tar all Muslims as violent or potentially so simply because of their religion.

But it isn't 8 dead is it? It is thousands. It happens virtually every day. This is just one incident. I'm sorry if they didn't kill this time for it to interest you. Perhaps next time they will do better.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bomb+pakistan&client=firefox-a&hs=cyF&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=W76QUvjLEJOshQeFpIH4Aw&ved=0CEYQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=893

---------- Post added 23-11-2013 at 14:40 ----------

What an insightful and cutting retort.

Rather better than you can manage.

But you're happy to put differences in Islam purely down to religion whereas often differences will be around relative power/privelige the factions have in their society.

No its not as simple as that and that is why I pointed out the difference. Ask a Sunni why he attacked a Shiit and it will be down to religious differences. Ask a Catholic and a Protestant the same question in NI and their reasons will be initially down to Republican/Unionist lines. If you think the entire NI conflicts is purely down to religion, you need to go read up on the troubles. I once did, when I knew only what I saw on the TV, but after reading a lot on the history you will find the religious angle is nothing more than a side issue.

No its not as simple as that and that is why I pointed out the difference. Ask a Sunni why he attacked a Shiit and it will be down to religious differences. As a Catholic and a Protestant the same question in NI and their reasons will be initially down to Republican/Unionist lines. If you think the entire NI conflicts is purely down to religion, you need to go read up n the troubles. I once did, when I knew only what I saw on the TV, but after reading a lot on the history you will find the religious angle is nothing more than a side issue.

Like you know lots of Sunni and Shia muslims :cool:

---------- Post added 23-11-2013 at 14:44 ----------

But it isn't 8 dead is it? It is thousands. It happens virtually every day. This is just one incident. I'm sorry if they didn't kill this time for it to interest you. Perhaps next time they will do better.

Just like used to happen in Northern Ireland.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bomb+pakistan&client=firefox-a&hs=cyF&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=W76QUvjLEJOshQeFpIH4Aw&ved=0CEYQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=893enough#q=bomb+north+ireland&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aofficial&tbm=isch

Archived