Found a bike last week

HI,

Found a ladies bike a few days ago, on Hounsfield Road. It was leaning up against a lampost with no lock. Found it at about 2am. We brought it home, but would like to return it to the owner. I imagine the owner didn't just leave it there, as it's in quite good nick and wasn't locked at all. If you think it's yours or you know who's it could be, then you can have it if you can describe it.

If not it will be donated.

Thanks

You didn't find a bike, you have in effect stolen it, as if the owner would know where to look for it now you have taken it home. Some people amaze me :hihi:

Well, I put a sign up where i found it, brought it home, and am obviously attempting to return it, with every intention of doing something useful with it if i cant.

The only thing amazing about that is that I'm trying to actually do something nice, but I wouldn't say it's 'amazing', but thanks nonetheless beccyboop for acknowledging my good deed.

And I can't trust the police to do anything worthwhile with it.

Many years ago i had a bike stolen from outside the cathedral. Several years after it was found in Dore, the police tracked it back to me by the postcode which was stamped on it. Sadly it was missing my Carradice Kendal panniers.

You did right to take it to a safe place.

Have you checked it for a postcode etc?

I've also known people hide their contact details (e.g. in the seat pin) ….

Many years ago i had a bike stolen from outside the cathedral. Several years after it was found in Dore, the police tracked it back to me by the postcode which was stamped on it. Sadly it was missing my Carradice Kendal panniers.

You did right to take it to a safe place.

Have you checked it for a postcode etc?

I've also known people hide their contact details (e.g. in the seat pin) ….

How do you know it wasn't already in a safe place :hihi: Like I said some people amaze me!

What gave you the right to take the bike? If I leave my keys in my car ignition does that give you the right to take it?

You stole the bike, simple as that. You should go put it back where you found it- how do you know they hadn't just left it there for 10 minutes while they run an errand.

It seems like you wanted a quick way home at 2am and the bike was rather "conveniently located" so you stole it.

What gave you the right to take the bike? If I leave my keys in my car ignition does that give you the right to take it?

You stole the bike, simple as that. You should go put it back where you found it- how do you know they hadn't just left it there for 10 minutes while they run an errand.

It seems like you wanted a quick way home at 2am and the bike was rather "conveniently located" so you stole it.

Wind your neck in Bro, if I saw a car parked with the keys in I wouldn't take the car but I would take the keys and hand them in to police, saves some real thief taking the car which would happen and same would have happened with the bike.

They did not steal the bike, try defining what stealing means it means taking something with intentions of not returning it and they are clearly trying to return it.

Archived