Found a bike last week

Wind your neck in Bro, if I saw a car parked with the keys in I wouldn't take the car but I would take the keys and hand them in to police, saves some real thief taking the car which would happen and same would have happened with the bike.

They did not steal the bike, try defining what stealing means it means taking something with intentions of not returning it and they are clearly trying to return it.

So you would go into the car and take the keys? I'd love to see you try and do that to my car. The question that you should be asking yourself is "what's it got to do with me".

They are actually saying they are going to-

every intention of doing something useful with it if i cant.

But what you (and they) don't realise that it's not there bike to "do something useful" with.

They should take it to the police and let them sort it (and them at the same time).

So you would go into the car and take the keys? I'd love to see you try and do that to my car. The question that you should be asking yourself is "what's it got to do with me".

They are actually saying they are going to-

But what you (and they) don't realise that it's not there bike to "do something useful" with.

They should take it to the police and let them sort it (and them at the same time).

Ok, we are talking about this incident being at 2am now if a car is parked mysteriously on its own with the keys in then I could do a number of things, 1 is leave them in and guarrentee some opotunist would TWOC it or 2 I could phone the police and tell them the car has been left with the keys in and guarrentee they would not come out so number 1 would come along or 3 i could safely take the keys out and hand them to the police, its not really about which one is the right thing to do its about if them keys were stolen, clearly they are not and its the same with the bike

A colleague of mine found a phone on the street and took it home to sort out trying to return it to its owner. Within half an hour there was a knock at the door, it was the police, the phone had been tracked to their address. The person who found the phone was accused of stealing it and was questioned at the police station. You have been warned :)

A colleague of mine found a phone on the street and took it home to sort out trying to return it to its owner. Within half an hour there was a knock at the door, it was the police, the phone had been tracked to their address. The person who found the phone was accused of stealing it and was questioned at the police station. You have been warned :)

So if your bike starts to ring, leggit!

Ok, we are talking about this incident being at 2am now if a car is parked mysteriously on its own with the keys in then I could do a number of things, 1 is leave them in and guarrentee some opotunist would TWOC it or 2 I could phone the police and tell them the car has been left with the keys in and guarrentee they would not come out so number 1 would come along or 3 i could safely take the keys out and hand them to the police, its not really about which one is the right thing to do its about if them keys were stolen, clearly they are not and its the same with the bike
it is about which is the right thing to do and in both your example and that of the OP, you both do the right thing - good intentions, making property safe and using common sense.

Those who are accusing of stealing are either trolling or have no sense of practicality

Archived