Should we be backing Assad in the Syrian conflict.

vinyl

I note that western leaders have softened their attitude to Assad in recent weeks. It seems linked to his co-operation over chemical weapons but also to the build up of Islamist forces in Syria.

In recent days Islamist forces have attacked the Free Syrian Army and taken towns they were holding and captured leaders who have disappeared without trace.

Al Qaeda linked forces are now spending as much time fighting moderate opposition forces as they do fighting Assad.

Should the west turn its attention now to supporting Assad as the alternative to Assad seems increasingly to be an Islamic state run by groups linked to Al Qaeda?

Is that the same as supporting a government against those using guns and bombs to try to topple it?

Using guns and bombs against those using guns and bombs usually means violence. The Assad regime has also used chemical weapons against civilians. Normally vinyl and his ilk would be condemning the uncivilised Muslims for such violence. But times change.

Using guns and bombs against those using guns and bombs usually means violence. The Assad regime has also used chemical weapons against civilians. Normally vinyl and his ilk would be condemning the uncivilised Muslims for such violence. But times change.

Do you have evidence that Assad used chemical weapons? All I know is there are various folk using any means at their disposal to kill each other. As far as can tell it is one load of muslims killing another load of muslims and vica versa. Which set of killers are you supporting in the genocide.

I think Muslims around the world have gone out of their way to get folks to hate them.

All I know is there are various folk using any means at their disposal to kill each other

If that's all you know then you're so narrow-minded, unimaginative and ill-informed that you're not worth bothering with.

Archived