The Snow Show - consider carefully

430spider

Spider I don't think there was any such implication at all about your children. They may well like Shakespeare but equally a panto may suit. You as their parent I am assuming would choose something that you think might appeal to them panto or not.

You weren't ripped off. You bought tickets. Wasn't to your taste. Fair enough but you chose to go see it. Fact you didn't like what you saw isn't the theatre's fault. Others there who did like it - their taste.

When you buy something be it tickets for a show or cheddar from the supermarket you as a consumer have a choice. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean an automatic refund. (Check out the Trading Standards website and you'll see what i mean. They put it better than I am)

I sort of felt the same way when I went to see Transformers at the cinema, one of the most boring things I've ever done. I'd rather have sat an exam.

Though obviously considerably less expensive. But the theater, there's really nothing about it that appeals to me at all. Washed up or failed actors who couldn't find a proper gig having to project everything they say to fill the auditorium. Nah, what's the point in that?

Really stories like this just confirm to me that the only people who (pretend to) enjoy the theater are social rejects desperately trying to appear cultured because they have not done well enough in life to actually be upper middle class.

Lol Hans a lot of very respected peeps in the acting profession in this country tread the boards regularly. Just cos they're not on TV doesn;t mean they're no good. e.g.John Nettles (Bergerac and Midsomer Murders) was at the crucible in Hamlet not thatb long ago. Not everyone's bag but it got good reviews.

Just cos they're not on the TV doesn't mean they can't act. Theatre isn't eveyone's cup of tea whatever class you are or aspirping to be.

Spider went to see something and didn't like it. Doesn;t mean social reject or trying to appear cultured for going to the theatre. I go myself on occasions but only if it;s something I really want to see and that ranges from Shakespeare to Rocky horror (and yes I do dress up).

'Snow' didn;t live up to spider's expectations - that's a shame but doesn;t make spider a social reject or pretentious but nor does it entitle him to a refund cos he didn;t like something.

Spider I don't think there was any such implication at all about your children. They may well like Shakespeare but equally a panto may suit. You as their parent I am assuming would choose something that you think might appeal to them panto or not.

You weren't ripped off. You bought tickets. Wasn't to your taste. Fair enough but you chose to go see it. Fact you didn't like what you saw isn't the theatre's fault. Others there who did like it - their taste.

When you buy something be it tickets for a show or cheddar from the supermarket you as a consumer have a choice. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean an automatic refund. (Check out the Trading Standards website and you'll see what i mean. They put it better than I am)

And there you have my whole point. We as consumers are too willing to sit back and take it. Whether it's your cheddar cheese that's off or the theatre production that stinks, we should not let them take our money and get away with it. Only my opinion? Sure. But it's also my money. If I say the wine's off in a restaurant, I don't care whether you think I'm right or not. You drink it if you disagree.

Our failure to make a stand will mean the cretins who commissioned this muck at the Lyceum will continue to churn it out.

Now that's a cheap shot. You want to make your point by insulting my children?

You have shown yourself up for what you are. There's only one embittered person on here, it ain't me.

( Its the same with arts/cinema/music. You pay money to something that turns out not to be to your taste. You learn from it and pick something else next time.

is where he mentioned your children, there is no insult in that comment,)

And as said, i watched the show aswell and i enjoyed it so did my wife,

and we went as friends of ours enjoyed the show and there children.

In future maybe you should have a look on youtube to get an idea if it is the right show for you & your children, would be a safer way to do it before paying and leaving in first few mins

just found on youtube posted 10 months ago,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpvw4ZhsO50

http://www.slavasnowshow.co.uk/about/

watch enjoy or not, atleast this way you get to know if you think it is suitable to take ur children or not

Lol Hans a lot of very respected peeps in the acting profession in this country tread the boards regularly. Just cos they're not on TV doesn;t mean they're no good. e.g.John Nettles (Bergerac and Midsomer Murders) was at the crucible in Hamlet not thatb long ago. Not everyone's bag but it got good reviews.

Just cos they're not on the TV doesn't mean they can't act. Theatre isn't eveyone's cup of tea whatever class you are or aspirping to be.

Spider went to see something and didn't like it. Doesn;t mean social reject or trying to appear cultured for going to the theatre. I go myself on occasions but only if it;s something I really want to see and that ranges from Shakespeare to Rocky horror (and yes I do dress up).

'Snow' didn;t live up to spider's expectations - that's a shame but doesn;t make spider a social reject or pretentious but nor does it entitle him to a refund cos he didn;t like something.

Ann IMS all the best actors prefer to avoid TV as can be typecast, and love nothing better than "treading the boards" :)

Just in case you're thinking of going, allow me to give you a sneak preview of the script.

It's highly original. I have certainly never come across anything of its like before. Here goes;

ACT ONE

Loud recorded music fills the auditorium.

Enter man in pseudo-clown costume. Man trudges very, very slowly to centre stage. Minutes pass.

(isolated nervous laughter from sections of audience, waiting for the punch line).

Man trudges around a little more

(audience baffled into silence)

Enter second man in costume and flippers. Both trudge around in circles. In a truly farcical moment, second man raises leg and slaps flipper on stage floor.

(scattered laughter on cue from audience, but many theatregoers in a state of shock)

First man picks up a noose and places it around his neck. Second man does likewise. After some silent deliberation, they think better of it and remove nooses.

(At least one member of the audience is thinking of asking for them to be passed to him)

Men on stage throw water at the audience. Large section of white fabric is passed over the heads of those in the stalls.

(This is presumably to shield them from the view of what's happening on stage)

Er...that's it.

Save your money. Do a no show at the snow show.

Archived