The Snow Show - consider carefully

430spider

Just in case you're thinking of going, allow me to give you a sneak preview of the script.

It's highly original. I have certainly never come across anything of its like before. Here goes;

ACT ONE

Loud recorded music fills the auditorium.

Enter man in pseudo-clown costume. Man trudges very, very slowly to centre stage. Minutes pass.

(isolated nervous laughter from sections of audience, waiting for the punch line).

Man trudges around a little more

(audience baffled into silence)

Enter second man in costume and flippers. Both trudge around in circles. In a truly farcical moment, second man raises leg and slaps flipper on stage floor.

(scattered laughter on cue from audience, but many theatregoers in a state of shock)

First man picks up a noose and places it around his neck. Second man does likewise. After some silent deliberation, they think better of it and remove nooses.

(At least one member of the audience is thinking of asking for them to be passed to him)

Men on stage throw water at the audience. Large section of white fabric is passed over the heads of those in the stalls.

(This is presumably to shield them from the view of what's happening on stage)

Er...that's it.

Save your money. Do a no show at the snow show.

Personaly your just biased and are doing what you can to put people off the show,

getting petty.

I have posted a link for this so that they can get an unbiased view before hand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpvw4ZhsO50

some are not going to like it, as it is unusual but others are going to enjoy and see the funny side.

There is a precedent here. A good few years ago Rudolf Nureyev came to the City Hall on his last tour. The show was highly controversial. Rather than the accomplished dancing people came to see, there was a series of routines which were nothing more than a bit of posturing and gestures. He was almost booed off. In response to a series of complaints, the promoter agreed to refund customers.

The difference here is who gave the refund. If the venue refunds you, they will be out of pocket. If the promoter refunds, nobody is.

However, promoters will only refund if they agree you didn't get what you paid for [which is different to what you think you paid for]. If this performance was the same as all others, you are unlikely to get a refund from them.

I would recommend putting your complaints in writing to the promoter.

Just in case you're thinking of going, allow me to give you a sneak preview of the script.

It's highly original. I have certainly never come across anything of its like before. Here goes;

ACT ONE

Loud recorded music fills the auditorium.

Enter man in pseudo-clown costume. Man trudges very, very slowly to centre stage. Minutes pass.

(isolated nervous laughter from sections of audience, waiting for the punch line).

Man trudges around a little more

(audience baffled into silence)

Enter second man in costume and flippers. Both trudge around in circles. In a truly farcical moment, second man raises leg and slaps flipper on stage floor.

(scattered laughter on cue from audience, but many theatregoers in a state of shock)

First man picks up a noose and places it around his neck. Second man does likewise. After some silent deliberation, they think better of it and remove nooses.

(At least one member of the audience is thinking of asking for them to be passed to him)

Men on stage throw water at the audience. Large section of white fabric is passed over the heads of those in the stalls.

(This is presumably to shield them from the view of what's happening on stage)

Er...that's it.

Save your money. Do a no show at the snow show.

Errm. No that's not it.

You walked out after 20 minutes.

What happens in the remaining 1 hour and 10 of the show??

Stop being silly and trying to push your OPINION on everyone else.

YOU dont like it. Fine. Whatever.

Move on and find something else to talk about.

And why don't you move on? Are you some kind of stalker ECCOnob? You seem intent on following me from forum to forum. And no I will not be silenced by your hectoring. If I save one family from wasting their money, it's been worth it. Despite your snide remarks. Get a life.

---------- Post added 25-11-2013 at 21:17 ----------

And get your facts right. It's an hour long, a fact which has led to complaints from others

---------- Post added 25-11-2013 at 21:19 ----------

The difference here is who gave the refund. If the venue refunds you, they will be out of pocket. If the promoter refunds, nobody is.

However, promoters will only refund if they agree you didn't get what you paid for [which is different to what you think you paid for]. If this performance was the same as all others, you are unlikely to get a refund from them.

I would recommend putting your complaints in writing to the promoter.

Thank you. A sensible contribution.

And why don't you move on? Are you some kind of stalker ECCOnob? You seem intent on following me from forum to forum. And no I will not be silenced by your hectoring. If I save one family from wasting their money, it's been worth it. Despite your snide remarks. Get a life.

---------- Post added 25-11-2013 at 21:17 ----------

And get your facts right. It's an hour long, a fact which has led to complaints from others

---------- Post added 25-11-2013 at 21:19 ----------

Thank you. A sensible contribution.

Time to chill, your like a 1 man army out to get them and try to make everyone else dislike it before they even get chance to see or find out for themselves.

its all your view and bugger the rest .

sorry but your not, there has been afew thats left that did not like the show, and there will always be a few that does not like shows they go to see,

But thousands of people like it around the world , so you are in the minority.

go make your claim against the promoters/theaters

But let people on here decide for themselves

( and really "" ECCOnob? "" is that realy needed, childish )

If your children have been really naughty all year, don't tell on them to Santa. Take them to the Lyceum instead to see the Snow Show. They'll never give you any trouble again after sitting through it.

I spent £120 of hard-earned cash to watch this rubbish, or at least the beginning of it. That was before we and others walked out.

If your idea of entertainment is watching a talentless Spaniard wearing flippers mutely perform a series of slow-motion gestures, this show is for you.

For everyone else it will be a travesty and a waste of money.

Sheffield Theatres really ought to be ashamed for staging this kind of third-rate Eurotrash, but sadly their idea of customer care is somewhat lacking.

I took my tickets straight to the box office and asked for a refund but received the expected brush-off.

My 8 and 12 year olds had been looking forward to the show, but had had enough within 20 minutes. To cap it all, my youngest cut her lip on a loose strand of fabric being passed over the heads of the audience. The box office were not interested.

If this was any other business, someone would have to answer for a defective product and misleading the public with advertising (It described the show as ''simply thrilling").

If you've bought tickets already, get a refund now or be prepared to join the kind of pre-interval exodus that we were part of. You have Been warned!

can i just say slava is a well known russian troop of clowns and the reviews have been excellent . having a go at sheffield theatres because you didnt like it is daft.

---------- Post added 27-11-2013 at 01:17 ----------

Now who's ranting ECCOnob?

There is a precedent here. A good few years ago Rudolf Nureyev came to the City Hall on his last tour. The show was highly controversial. Rather than the accomplished dancing people came to see, there was a series of routines which were nothing more than a bit of posturing and gestures. He was almost booed off. In response to a series of complaints, the promoter agreed to refund customers.

The promoters of the rubbish I witnessed today have grown rich on the proceeds of this tour,aided and abetted by Sheffield Theatres. Who are you to tell me I should stand there and take it? This was supposed to be a magical family show. It was in reality taking money under false pretences. Why should theatres be allowed to rip people off? Why are they different from other businesses?

And I remind you we weren't the only ones to leave.

Have the courage of your convictions. You go and sit through it tomorrow. Let's see if you can remain silent when they pocket £29 of your money for the privilege.

its your opinion though can i ask if it was that bad why would it be doing a show in london over xmas .

I went to the snow show on Friday with my boyfriend and we thought it was great. Yes a little weird but, rather funny, very well mimed and the snow effects were great! The finale was amazing!

I don't think it was marketed as a family show, the lyceum website said not suitable for under 8's and no under 3's admitted. I'm 26 and a 15 rated movie can scare me (haha!) so Yes, if you have small children consider carefully but otherwise go and have a cracking time!

me and my friend went.we thought it was the best show we have ever seen.it was amazing.sadly you missed the best part of the show leaving after 20 minutes.however that cloth can cut someones lip i dont know.me and my friend are willing to travel to see it in london it was that good.you should have stayed then im sure you would have had a different opinion.

can i just say slava is a well known russian troop of clowns and the reviews have been excellent . having a go at sheffield theatres because you didnt like it is daft.

its your opinion though can i ask if it was that bad why would it be doing a show in london over xmas .

So that people can leave early and not miss the last tube home?

I would say so that people down South can see it, and make their own minds up if they like it; can't pull something, on just a couple of people not enjoying it.

Pete

Archived