Who are the Palestinian people?

If someone from Pakistan can come to the UK and become a British citizen and bring up kids who are British, can folk living in the region of Palestine who have kids that were born there be considered Palestinian?

The vast majority of Palestinians and Israelis are the offspring of people that moved to the area in the last 100 years.

If someone from Pakistan can come to the UK and become a British citizen and bring up kids who are British, can folk living in the region of Palestine who have kids that were born there be considered Palestinian?

Look it up. Do some research.

the 'palestinians' are the people who live in, or whose recent ancestors lived in Palestine - obviously. I also don't understand the Q, but don't object to it.

in ancient times, that strip of land was the home of the philistines (hence the name) over the millennia, people of greek, roman arab south asian etc origin have settled and lived there - new religions have cropped up - judaism, christianity, islam, formerly mithraism osirian - but the thing that makes them palestinian is the link to the land of palestine.

if an irish, polish, asian, african, chinese or peruvian settles here they are 'british' - not 'english' british(i'm not english, I was born here) - but both british and the product of their own history.

that's the great thing about living in a living breathing cultural melting pot like modern britain.

The Palestinian people I know who are now resident in the UK are all of Arabic descent and only moved away to claim asylum elsewhere after losing their whole family in the horrific bloodshed that has happened over the years in the region. Their families had lived in what became Israel before the state of Israel was created.

The palestinians are pawns in a much larger game being played out in that part of the world.

No, the Jews are. The Jews are the pawns in the game of International chess and always have been for some reason. Nobody is really sure why they left Canaan in the first place although it's possible they were fleeing famine or plague. All this fleeing and settling causes resentment in all humans, not just jews and continues to this day, look what's happening now in Page Hall. When the jews resettled in their land and called it Israel, the arabs attacked almost immediately and the jews started buildingon the land they won in war. We all know the story from there. Still, it's a good way for Russia and the US to compare weapon and armour effectiveness against each other. I would say China too but they just copy both the US and Russia.

The 'palestinian' people are very few in number. Their claim to the land of palestine is dubious at best. They are being played like fools by the arab powerhouses in the region, doing their dirty work as it were. They will never 'reclaim their land' and thats an end to it. How many people die as a result of this is down to them and them alone.

I wish them all the best, they are people after all but they simply wont have any sort of life or future if they continue down the road they are heading.

They need to accept that and then maybe they can lead productive decent lives and have something positive to look back on in old age.

Archived