Who are the Palestinian people?

Then it's a shame you've been unable to supply any "facts" of your own into this topic, instead of acting as cheerleader.

Oh yes, peace and love to you all.

:hihi::hihi:

Your gonna get in trouble!!

Look, if giving my opinion is cheer leading then fine.

I can do the splits and i dont look half bad in a short skirt.

Yep, it also happens around every US election time, too. I have noticed it's arouns that time that israel starts a brutal invasion and / or bombing of Palestine, destroying Palestinian infrastructure and causing civilian damage.

I'm pleasantly surprised that "Brother Obama, America's first Muslim president" actually had the balls to stand up the Zionist lobby and make it quite clear to Bibi The Liar that the US was not going to bomb Iran just because israel demands it.

Poor Bibi, he's only just gone and made himself look like the bloodthirsty warmonger that he is :hihi:

Well played Obama ;)

Yep, if the jews have owned the land of Palestine land for 3000+ years... where have they living been all this time? Eastern Europe? Probably.

Jews have been around in Israel/Palestine for thousands of year. Certainly thousands of years before anyone dreamed up Islam. Before Israel was created Jews made up more than 1/3 of the population of that area and now after the creation of a Jewish homeland there are twice the number of Muslims living in Israel than they were when it was under British British mandate and before the state of Israel was created.

Jews have been around in Israel/Palestine for thousands of year.

But the jews who lived in Middle East during the time of Moses 3000+ years ago are NOT the ancestors of modern-day israelis, are they?

The ancestors of modern-day israelis are of Eastern European and Russian origin, who converted to judaism and never actually set foot in the Middle East, did they?

So for modern-day isrealis to claim they are simply returning to the land of their forefathers is a lie.

But the jews who lived in Middle East during the time of Moses 3000+ years ago are NOT the ancestors of modern-day israelis, are they?

The ancestors of modern-day israelis are of Eastern European and Russian origin, who converted to judaism and never actually set foot in the Middle East, did they?

So for modern-day isrealis to claim they are simply returning to the land of their forefathers is a lie.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make here. Jews have lived in the land now called Israel for many thousands of years. They never went away despite the Muslims attempting to drive them out many times since the middle ages. The descendants of these people still live there. They never left. The only thing that changed was the formation of the State of Israel where these people were living. That caused an influx of Jews from around the world.

You don't need to return to a land you never left.

very true mate - the romans and celts were here before the anglo saxons - england is therefore part of italy or scotland or ireland.

The descendants of these people still live there. They never left. The only thing that changed was the formation of the State of Israel where these people were living. That caused an influx of Jews from around the world.

You don't need to return to a land you never left.

But that's not true, is it?

The majority of jews, estimated to be between 75 and 85% of jews worldwide, are of ashkenazi descent, whose ancestors are from Eastern Europe, towards the Far East.

Their ancestors never set foot in the Middle East.

ashkenazi jews are only jewish because their ancestors converted to judaism thousands of years ago, while they were still living in Eastern Europe and the Far East.

ashkenazi jews are not one of these "missing" tribies of israel.

As their ancestors never set foot in the land of Palestine, they have no business expelling the Palestinians, who've been living their for several hundred years (and certainly longer than the state of israel has been formed).

very true mate - the romans and celts were here before the anglo saxons - england is therefore part of italy or scotland or ireland.

So where does that leave the Indians, Afro Caribbeans, and Pakistanis?

---------- Post added 25-11-2013 at 14:40 ----------

But that's not true, is it?

The majority of jews, estimated to be between 75 and 85% of jews worldwide, are of ashkenazi descent, whose ancestors are from Eastern Europe, towards the Far East.

Their ancestors never set foot in the Middle East.

ashkenazi jews are only jewish because their ancestors converted to judaism thousands of years ago, while they were still living in Eastern Europe and the Far East.

ashkenazi jews are not one of these "missing" tribies of israel.

As their ancestors never set foot in the land of Palestine, they have no business expelling the Palestinians, who've been living their for several hundred years (and certainly longer than the state of israel has been formed).

Of course it is true. The majority of Jews worldwide still live worldwide. There are more Jews in the USA alone than live in Israel. The descendants of the Jews in Israel who were there pre 1948 still make up a large proportion of the population of Israel today. There have been many folk from many nationalities who have moved to the country once it ceased to be a bunch of mud huts on an arid land. The population of Israel is 5 times higher than it was in 1948.

You can claim that for any country. Folks move there others move out. How many generation do you think a family need in a country before they can become nationals?

You seem to confuse the term Palestinian which is a nationality with Islam which is a religion. Many Palestinians are Jewish and many more are Christian.

So where does that leave the Indians, Afro Caribbeans, and Pakistanis?

---------- Post added 25-11-2013 at 14:40 ----------

Of course it is true. The ancestors of the Jews were there pre 1948 still make up a large proportion of the population of Israel today. There have been many folk from many nationalities who have moved to the country once it ceased to be a bunch of mud huts on an arid land. The population of Israel is 10 times higher than it was in 1948.

You can claim that for any country. Folks move there others move out. How many generation do you think a family need in a country before they can become nationals?

I was being ironic, it leaves them where they are now - full , welcome citizens of britain - my point is that the argument that areas of the world 'belong' to certain groups, be they religious, nationalist or whatever on the basis of 'here first' is obscene.

I was being ironic, it leaves them where they are now - full , welcome citizens of britain - my point is that the argument that areas of the world 'belong' to certain groups, be they religious, nationalist or whatever on the basis of 'here first' is obscene.

So was I ;)

Archived