Migrant workers needed to avoid NHS crisis.

But they aren't the 'burden' that right now is creating the demand for foreign nurses that you indicated.

Sorry but you aren't going to convince anyone that old immigrants aren't using the NHS right now, immigrant have been coming to the UK for years and some of them are now old.

But that doesn't excuse the fact that if we're failing as a country to produce enough quality nurses, that is entirely our fault as a county; it the fault of a poor education system, and poor policies at governmental level.

This is so true.

The idea that foreign nationals are needed to prop up the NHS has been around ever since the fifties, so we've had plenty of time to train our own nurses, and stop taking them from countries where they are sorely needed.

Many nurses and associates also want training to be more 'on the job' instead of classroom based, but no one ever seems to listen. Money is wasted hand over fist on middle management and in just about every other area. Constant interference by government costs billions to no satisfactory end.

Once it has finally done for the NHS with its total ineptitude, it will no doubt be privatised and hived off to cronies, who want to make a profit out of it at the expense of both workers and patients. People are going to die as a result.

Sorry but you aren't going to convince anyone that old immigrants aren't using the NHS right now, immigrant have been coming to the UK for years and some of them are now old.

Im not in the slightest attempting to do that, however the age and ethnic distribution in the total population who use NHS and social services is weighted towards the middle/old age, indigenous.

In 30 years I'm sure the picture will be different again, but right now immigration isn't the cause of nursing shortages as you indicated.

Im not in the slightest attempting to do that, however the age and ethnic distribution in the total population who use NHS and social services is weighted towards the middle/old age, indigenous.

In 30 years I'm sure the picture will be different again, but right now immigration isn't the cause of nursing shortages as you indicated.

Isn't it young immigrants that are having the most children, are you telling me they don't use the NHS. :suspect:

The health service faces a bill of an extra £1billion every year to treat immigrants and asylum seekers, medical analysts warned yesterday.

Taxpayers are likely to face a huge and ever-increasing burden because of the growing flow of migrants from countries where complex infectious diseases are common, they said.

Their report highlighted Aids, hepatitis B and C and tuberculosis as diseases that are spreading fast in countries from which large numbers of immigrants come to Britain.

Thats 1% of the total NHS spend just for the new arrivals, and doesn't include child birth, falling and breaking a leg, getting old

What's all this I heard on the news this morning though about 12,000 more NHS pen pushers being recruited. I had thought the government was learning from past mistakes ?

What are government but pen pushers?

They push their pens around and mess with people's careers who work hard. they decide to reorganise large public sector organisations like schools or health because they think it will please their elderly supporters, who believe their argument that everything is "in crisis". they refuse to recognise the hours people put in.

Over 50% of the current Government ministers have never been able, or wanted, to hold down a proper job, they just got government jobs from their Eton network of well connected.

It is just an interesting hobby for many of them because they don't need any money.

Old immigrants like my parents have paid into the system for over 40yrs and my dad still works so if they use the nhs they have contributed towards it.

Isn't it young immigrants that are having the most children, are you telling me they don't use the NHS. :suspect:

The health service faces a bill of an extra £1billion every year to treat immigrants and asylum seekers, medical analysts warned yesterday.

Taxpayers are likely to face a huge and ever-increasing burden because of the growing flow of migrants from countries where complex infectious diseases are common, they said.

Their report highlighted Aids, hepatitis B and C and tuberculosis as diseases that are spreading fast in countries from which large numbers of immigrants come to Britain.

Thats 1% of the total NHS spend just for the new arrivals, and doesn't include child birth, falling and breaking a leg, getting old

That's all very interesting, but what does it have to do with usage of the NHS and social services being weighted towards the elderly?

Old immigrants like my parents have paid into the system for over 40yrs and my dad still works so if they use the nhs they have contributed towards it.

Thank you for acknowledging my point.

---------- Post added 24-11-2013 at 15:39 ----------

That's all very interesting, but what does it have to do with usage of the NHS and social services being weighted towards the elderly?

It proves the point some of us have been making, more NHS staff are required because the population is increasing and immigrants use the NHS.

Oops you omitted to quote the source of the information

Roger Williams, professor of hepatology at University College London and a Migrationwatch adviser

---------- Post added 24-11-2013 at 15:50 ----------

It proves the point some of us have been making, more NHS staff are required because the population is increasing and immigrants use the NHS.

However it doesn't prove your point that the nursing shortage is due to immigration.

Archived