Migrant workers needed to avoid NHS crisis.

I wouldn't like to be a nurse, so hats off to those that do. I can't be easy forming relationships with people and then perhaps watch them die, not matter how brief the relationship may be. Because it's shift work it must be difficult to manage your own personal relations and I know a few nurses who suffer from depression. I've heard of people becoming nurses simply to get a free degree and then try to leave but can't. It's one of those jobs that you've got to know what your letting yourself in for before you decide to do it.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/nhs-hospitals-send-overseas-for-nurses-before-winter-crisis-8959790.html

NHS sends for migrant workers to avoid crisis.

QUOTE:

Hundreds of Spanish nurses will start work across Britain this week, having been fast-tracked to work at NHS hospitals in what the Royal College of Nursing is describing as a “crisis in workforce supply”.

Its nothing new, we've been recruiting nurses (and doctors) from overseas for decades, the NHS would have totally collapsed long ago without them.

Archived