Regent Court Flats

Gerty89

I remembered someone else who lived on the Flats, Naomi Hilsdon. She played tennis I think, but she also was a very, very good swimmer. And a family, name of Wright, had a stall in one of the markets, sold fruit and veg. Their daughters name was Mary, she used to drive around in the family car, a big American job. And yet another name, Janet Hurst, she married some guy, went to the U.S and became an interior designer.

Anybody remember the Bishop family who lived there in the 60s 70s and 80s.

They were all very good tennis players.

Carol died a few years ago, I think her son was playing in america.

Her younger brother Neil was at king teds, he will be about 62 or 63 now I think. He was a pro at Hallamshire at one time I think

• 3 months later...

would love to trace anyone who lived in Owlerton Green, the houses where in terraces, Elm..Wilmot etc opposite from Swann Mortons..I remember some large boards on the junction of Owlerton Green and Bradfield Road.We used to go under the said boards where we had our den.We made some sort of clay oblong contraption in which we burned paper (not very safety conscious when I come to think of it) but who was at 10 years old.How on earth did I remember those?.I remember too going for walks down the Meadows which were at the back of the Speedway track, there was a white bridge over an old rail track by the side of an overgrown grave yard if my memory serves me well.

Anyone out there remember these things ?.

Yes..I remember Carol Bishop she was a childhood friend ,so sorry to hear of her passing.Neil was a toddler then.

Oh how time flies, this site is bringing so many good memories back.

Edited by Barb59
add to

I used to play tennis on the court at the back. That must be 40 plus years ago.My Auntie used to own the ladies hair salon on the ground floor.Her name was Elsie Houston.

We lived there when I was about 3/4 and at that time my aunty, Mary Parkin/Bennett owned the hairdressers, also remember Wendy Bishop. My Mum and Dad moved back on there about 20years ago and then left again about 10 years ago.

• 2 years later...
would love to trace anyone who lived in Owlerton Green, the houses where in terraces, Elm..Wilmot etc opposite from Swann Mortons..I remember some large boards on the junction of Owlerton Green and Bradfield Road.We used to go under the said boards where we had our den.We made some sort of clay oblong contraption in which we burned paper (not very safety conscious when I come to think of it) but who was at 10 years old.How on earth did I remember those?[.I remember too going for walks down the Meadows which were at the back of the Speedway track, there was a white bridge over an old rail track by the side of an overgrown grave yard if my memory serves me well.

Anyone out there remember these things ?].

Barb59 on your walks down the Meadows do you remember the old cottage at the bottom of Liversey St,that was where I lived with my Ma,Pa twin sisters and little bro from the 40s onwards. Old Tup:love::thumbsup:

yep, i once was dancing with my partner when we nearly collided with another couple, as we moved back my stilleto heel caught in the other guys trouser turnup & ripped his pants.

turned out he was a police detective, i was very worried for a while.

Do u remember the guy that taught us,i think he was paul ?

Barb59 on your walks down the Meadows do you remember the old cottage at the bottom of Liversey St,that was where I lived with my Ma,Pa twin sisters and little bro from the 40s onwards. Old Tup:love::thumbsup:

Would that have been right on the bend of Liversey Street a few hundred yards before the bridge?

I have vague recolllections of a house there...I suppose around 1960.