Climbers at Stanage edge

I was at Stanage edge at the weekend and saw all the climbers out, but one thing puzzled me, do they have their own preferred climbing route that they try to get every week, or do they just climb anywhere, and if they have a preferred rout that is being used, do they share with the other climbers, any climbers out there.? give me your views, it looked great fun..

I was at Stanage edge at the weekend and saw all the climbers out, but one thing puzzled me, do they have their own preferred climbing route that they try to get every week, or do they just climb anywhere, and if they have a preferred rout that is being used, do they share with the other climbers, any climbers out there.? give me your views, it looked great fun..

The idea is to climb something you haven't climbed before, there wouldn't be much fun in climbing the same rout every week. :)

The idea is to climb something you haven't climbed before, there wouldn't be much fun in climbing the same rout every week. :)

That would, of course, depend on how much you like the route and who you are climbing with.

These days I rarely climb new routes because I am usually climbing with someone who hasn't climbed all the stuff I have and, rather than take a chance on something new, I generally take them on something I know is high quality. Of course, I assume I am wrong and you are correct.

Banjodeano, there's so much up there and the guidebook is so comprehensive that you can find something at your level whoever is there. The majority of people tend to congregate at the Burbage end but. as Smithy says, there is plenty of good stuff all the way along.

That would, of course, depend on how much you like the route and who you are climbing with.

These days I rarely climb new routes because I am usually climbing with someone who hasn't climbed all the stuff I have and, rather than take a chance on something new, I generally take them on something I know is high quality. Of course, I assume I am wrong and you are correct.

Banjodeano, there's so much up there and the guidebook is so comprehensive that you can find something at your level whoever is there. The majority of people tend to congregate at the Burbage end but. as Smithy says, there is plenty of good stuff all the way along.

Or we are both correct, with some people doing as you do and others always looking for a new challenge.

But no need to try and turn another topic into an argument.

Its best to just agree that everyone is different, so have different opinions.

You don't actually have 1 specific route that you go and climb every weekend though do you, which is what the OP asked.

Maybe the idea of route guides in a book is one the OP didn't know about...

You don't actually have 1 specific route that you go and climb every weekend though do you, which is what the OP asked.

Nope.

My first two paragraphs were addressed at the poster of the post I was responding to, Angos; specifically: "The idea is to climb something you haven't climbed before"

Quite, which was why I introduced it it my final paragraph which was addressed at the OP.

I have just read there are rout books, but the question I asked is just about personal taste I suppose, if your a creature of habit or not, when I go out on my bike I stick to certain roads that I know are fun, I suppose I am boring like that..

I only climb indoors, but I can't imagine doing the same route over and over again. A few times, yeah, but they get easier with practice and you always want to improve and push yourself.

Fortunately the indoor walls do regular route changes, so you never have time to get too bored with the routes you can do.

Archived