Angola Bans Islam

Please explain then why you are differentiating between the prohibition on expressing ones belief that the holocaust did not happen, and the prohibition of ones religious beliefs?

The difference is obvious. Holocaust denial involves the fabrication of evidence to excuse a racial genocide, the denial of the testimonies of thousands of survivors, their liberators and of the perpetrators. Holocaust denial is a slander against history and against the victims.

Whilst the history of religions may well at times be fanciful, especially from an atheist perspective, that is not the moral distinction that informs the different treatment in law. The distinction is motive.

Religion is not a hate inspired slander to excuse a racial genocide.

My lord some of the Islamophobia on this post makes me gag, any civil rational human being can accept it's totally abhorrent to ban Islam or any religion for that matter.

I know, let's try and combat a concern by giving it a name and then try to make it look ridiculus

Just Sarah, as i peruse these threads on a daily basis, yours are the comments that stand out the most. Not in any positive light I would add. It seems your only reason for being here is to continually push your own agenda with regards to the faith of Islam. Whether it be pulling statistics from where the sun doth not shine, making wild assumptions or just generally tarring all with the same brush, its like a broken record.

I won't be replying to anything, just wanted to leave this here. Not interested in a debate with you, a wise man once gave me a good piece of advice when it comes to arguing, something about "fools" and "at a distance"...

Don't be unfair to her, she has other reactionary and short sighted opinions that she shares on other topics as well.

---------- Post added 26-11-2013 at 07:29 ----------

Islamic countries also ban alcohol and most countries ban polygamy. The population of those countries seem to accept it.

Is alcohol (or bigamy) a view or a belief?

My lord some of the Islamophobia on this post makes me gag, any civil rational human being can accept it's totally abhorrent to ban Islam or any religion for that matter.

You'd have thought so wouldn't you.

Tragically, those who enthusiastically speak up for banning Islam are in the very same mindset as those who practice extremist interpretations of Islam - i.e. the Taliban and Boko Haram.

They just can't see it. None so blind etc.

It seams that our Advertising standards agency as banned Christians from sharing their beliefs.

For the article in full please see here The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) has told a group of Christians in Bath not to make any claims which state or imply that, by receiving their prayer, people could be physically healed, reports Christian Concern for our Nation.

A registered Christian trust, the ‘Healing on the Streets – Bath’ (HOTS) team, comprised of Christians from many different churches, have been praying for the public outside Bath Abbey for three years and regularly offer to pray for people who are sick to receive healing.

But atheist Hayley Stevens took offence to the group’s adverts, complaining to the ASA that the claims by the Christians could 'not be substantiated'.

Her complaint was upheld and the ASA have now ordered the group to stop stating on their website or in literature that God can heal.

I can't see anything wrong with the ASA's decision.

It seams that our Advertising standards agency as banned Christians from sharing their beliefs.

For the article in full please see here The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) has told a group of Christians in Bath not to make any claims which state or imply that, by receiving their prayer, people could be physically healed, reports Christian Concern for our Nation.

A registered Christian trust, the ‘Healing on the Streets – Bath’ (HOTS) team, comprised of Christians from many different churches, have been praying for the public outside Bath Abbey for three years and regularly offer to pray for people who are sick to receive healing.

But atheist Hayley Stevens took offence to the group’s adverts, complaining to the ASA that the claims by the Christians could 'not be substantiated'.

Her complaint was upheld and the ASA have now ordered the group to stop stating on their website or in literature that God can heal.

I can't see anything wrong with the ASA's decision.

It's slightly different from the state intervention in the practice of worship.

It's slightly different from the state intervention in the practice of worship.

Yes it is slightly different but one could easily see how it could be extended to stop people preaching that which can't be proven. Obviously we could never ban people from believing in God or praying to God, but it is possible to stop people making public claims about God that can't be proven.

Yes it is slightly different but one could easily see how it could be extended to stop people preaching that which can't be proven. Obviously we could never ban people from believing in God or braying to God, but it is possible to stop people making public claims about God that can't be proven.

No I couldn't easily see it actually, there'd be a revolution in this country before that happened.

Archived