The New Moor Market

Have been recommended the St Petersberg pie from the Russian stall so am hoping to pop down later to get some.

May be forced to peruse the beer shop again!

What's the Russian stall called? I had a quick look around at lunch but I was looking at signs a lot and didn't notice anything Russian :)

I believe its called cossack cuisine and its in the food court 3 down from the left with a red sign.

Went through today. Artisan baker was there as well as Italian Deli from Abbeyale road, on the pop up section.

Still plenty of stalls not taken up or no signage.

Thanks ReginaldD. . . .Yes I'd looked on the web-site and noticed that it just opens Monday to Saturday. . . .Thought it might just open on Sundays in December for the lead up to Christmas. . . . Was just trying to save myself a journey on Sunday. . . .

Thanks again

What's the Russian stall called? I had a quick look around at lunch but I was looking at signs a lot and didn't notice anything Russian :)

It was there today. They had apricot and cream cheese pies and potato and bacon pie and various breads and sweet things. She promised me she'd have some cabbage and potato pie tomorrow so I'll be down there again.

Ok, so I've just given it a go. The first review!

I had high hopes for the place, but I'm afraid I'm very disappointed. My main thoughts are:

- It's very small. I'm surprised it's only on one level. You can walk around it in about 5 minutes. I was kind of expecting it to be big, like one of the ones in Birmingham

- It's full of tat. 80% of it is mobile phone accessories, bad clothes and processed/packaged food

- It's already dirty. The floors were filthy and already look 10 years old

- There's a lot of empty units, especially down the south side of it

I went in looking for some lunch, some nice bread, cheese and maybe some interesting bits to take home for tea. But there was:

- Nowhere decent for lunch. There's one or two cafes and a kebab shop, but nothing mexican, oriental, continental, rare meats, bratwurst, streetfoody etc. I ended up having to go to Brunch n Lunch by Plug to find something appetising

- Only one place selling bread, and that was all cheap from-frozen; nothing interesting or in any sense artisan

- Nowhere selling cheeses at all

- Nothing resembling a deli

In terms of positives, I found a few things of interest:

- A craft beer place

- Somewhere selling duck eggs

- Some of the butchers looked quite decent, but then that's of no use to workers visiting in lunch breaks (I could imagine the looks if I turned up for the afternoon and put a leg of lamb in the fridge!)

Overall though I'm very disappointed and can't see myself returning

What a bizarre post.

There is one mobile phone accessory place.

There are, if I counted correctly, two clothes stores selling perfectly good non-branded clothes.

There always were duck eggs available in Castle Market.

S&Js sell a range of hard to find regional cheeses from Yorkshire and Derbyshire.

Turners bread is all fresh baked by them at their own bakery.

Cossack Cuisine sells Russian food, which in my view, counts as continental 'street food' whatever that means.

Why am I even bothering?...I suggest you go back, this time with your eyes and your mind open!

It was there today. They had apricot and cream cheese pies and potato and bacon pie and various breads and sweet things. She promised me she'd have some cabbage and potato pie tomorrow so I'll be down there again.

But whereabouts is it in there or what is it called?

But whereabouts is it in there or what is it called?

Stick to the left as you come in and you'll soon see all the food stalls. It's easy to find the Russian one it has a red sign and if you don't find it right away you can have a nice time looking at the other stalls.