The New Moor Market

They are keeping both, but im surprised they just dont leave the market and focus on the shop. Obviously have no idea about the £ they are or are not making in the market.

It sounds like a plan to me. Stay in the market whilst the rent is free but have another shop ready for when it isn't. In the meantime they can build up trade at the new shop and even advertise it for free in the market. I doubt they would announce to the council if they planned to leave once the freebies stopped.

They will move once the rents go up, as will other stalls in the market, only the strongest will survive.

---------- Post added 24-03-2014 at 21:51 ----------

Plus, the council have dropped a clanger with plenty of units still empty, what are they thinking ??? :suspect:

I have noticed that posh cake stall owned by the China man has relocated nearer the centre, strategic move me thinks.

Edited by BEDROCK

It sounds like a plan to me. Stay in the market whilst the rent is free but have another shop ready for when it isn't. In the meantime they can build up trade at the new shop and even advertise it for free in the market. I doubt they would announce to the council if they planned to leave once the freebies stopped.

Think so. Wondering how much free rent discount they got as they werent an old tenant. That said Crawshaws is an established business, so its probably got more to do with long term plans for a presence in Sheffield. The caller outside who brings in trade is pretty good imo or at least he puts effort in to get people into the shop.

It's been rammed whenever I've been passing. A lot busier than the inside market stall.

Not surprised selling two cooked chickens for £5

I bought two and they came straight from the oven. Bargain!

---------- Post added 24-03-2014 at 20:57 ----------

They will move once the rents go up, as will other stalls in the market, only the strongest will survive

Popped in for a coffee this afternoon and noticed Juicy Patties had gone.

Not surprised selling two cooked chickens for £5

I bought two and they came straight from the oven. Bargain!

---------- Post added 24-03-2014 at 20:57 ----------

Popped in for a coffee this afternoon and noticed Juicy Patties had gone.

Question really is, what do they taste like ??? :rolleyes:

They will move once the rents go up, as will other stalls in the market, only the strongest will survive.

It is an odd sort of market. In recent days I've been to markets in both Chesterfield and Staveley. Whilst Staveley is a total dump it has what I expect from a market. It is in a large square and surrounded by "market" type shops. The grotty ones with 15-20 foot frontage. Indeed some of the shops spill out onto the market stalls. But the surrounding places include cafes, post office, several pubs as well as tat shops.

Chezzer is an altogether more agreeable place. It has the same massive outdoor market square, surrounded by dozens of cafes, pubs and mainly small shops. It also has an indoor market area, but with all the shops, cafes and pubs it is a self contained shopping area.

The other thing is parking. In Staveley you can park for free about 20 metres from the market. You can also buy anything you couldn't find in the market at the Morrisons next door. So you can drive in do your shopping and drive home.

In Chezzer you can park for free about 150 metres from the market, and as it is not council parking if you overstay the worst you are going to get is a non enforceable parking ticket. The car parking is handy as you never know what you might find in a market. I bought a guitar amongst other things and I wouldn't have fancied trying to get it home on a bus.

But my point is both these and Bakewell markets feel like proper markets in a way that the ones in Sheffield and Crystal Peaks don't.