The New Moor Market

I notice they found asbestos in the old market. Tut tut, and certain people on here wanted them to stay there, just think of the health impacts it could have had...

There is asbestos in most 50's 60'sand 70's buildings inc Schools and Hospitals .

Tut Tut.

Heard that a chip shop is on its way into the market soon

I heard that a while ago too, but there was no chippy when I went last Saturday.

---------- Post added 25-03-2014 at 12:52 ----------

There is more Architectural design and detail [especially the interior ] in the Castle Market than there is in a thousand bland and uninteresting Nissan type buildings as the new Moorfoot Mall.

The Castle Market is also in the historical trading area of Sheffield and only a City who have a load of nut cases doing Town Planning would change that.

Check out the roof cuttsie, there's some design gone into that.

I heard that a while ago too, but there was no chippy when I went last Saturday.

---------- Post added 25-03-2014 at 12:52 ----------

Check out the roof cuttsie, there's some design gone into that.

I have and the Crookes Terrace house type Dormer windows are very fetching.

They have those windows at Crookes? will have to save my pennies & move, we don't have those at Gleadless, I was dead impressed.

I'm going to miss that tea stall, I can't go back to Typhoo after that orange pekoe stuff, maybe I shouldn't have bartered his price down. Where can I get good tea in Sheffield now? (Not that potpourri looking 'sheffield tea')

Edited by anywebsite

They have those windows at Crookes? will have to save my pennies & move, we don't have those at Gleadless, I was dead impressed.

I'm going to miss that tea stall, I can't go back to Typhoo after that orange pekoe stuff, maybe I shouldn't have bartered his price down. Where can I get good tea in Sheffield now? (Not that potpourri looking 'sheffield tea')

Up a gennel on High Street .

The new Crawhsaws is now open on The Moor. I had a look in this lunchtime and it's certainly much more up my street than the one in the market. I'll certainly be giving them my trade in the future, whereas I've never once used the one in the market, which had no customers this lunchtime.

I also had a quick look at Beer Central......Jaipur and Halcyon £3.50/bottle....I can get Jaipur for £2.40 at Waitrose and Halcyon for £3.00 at the Butchers up Walkley.....It makes no financial sense for me to buy my beer there.

Regards

Doom

There is more Architectural design and detail [especially the interior ] in the Castle Market than there is in a thousand bland and uninteresting Nissan type buildings as the new Moorfoot Mall.

The Castle Market is also in the historical trading area of Sheffield and only a City who have a load of nut cases doing Town Planning would change that.

I was showing my bf the other week as we travelled on the train about all the Art Deco iron detailing in the train stations, and in some old buildings too. He told me he noticed the glasses too and how they were made, with wires.

I think even though the council wants a progressive movement and be forward thinking, by now, that opportunity and window has gone. It would be nice to see a building combining the old with the new for the far future and to integrate the old tradition of the city, with new progressive style. At least whenever someone visits the city, you can see where it came from and how it has evolved.

I've seen some of the more traditional building in Blackpool, and they have done well to really regenerate their entire seafront. It looks very modern and as if it back into its original way. Very Victorian actually. I do not think many people realises this.

I have indeed seen the metal front to the old market. I wonder if SCC would actually keep it and put it somewhere else as a momento, they should. They really should. They should really integrate that kind of thing into the actual design of the whole city centre.

I was showing my bf the other week as we travelled on the train about all the Art Deco iron detailing in the train stations, and in some old buildings too. He told me he noticed the glasses too and how they were made, with wires.

I think even though the council wants a progressive movement and be forward thinking, by now, that opportunity and window has gone. It would be nice to see a building combining the old with the new for the far future and to integrate the old tradition of the city, with new progressive style. At least whenever someone visits the city, you can see where it came from and how it has evolved.

I've seen some of the more traditional building in Blackpool, and they have done well to really regenerate their entire seafront. It looks very modern and as if it back into its original way. Very Victorian actually. I do not think many people realises this.

I have indeed seen the metal front to the old market. I wonder if SCC would actually keep it and put it somewhere else as a momento, they should. They really should. They should really integrate that kind of thing into the actual design of the whole city centre.

Eureka:) A post that underlines exactly how City's should plan without the lets pull it down mentality that has been the policy in Sheffield over the last fifty years.

This policy has caused us to lose so much of the character that made our City so different to the usual bland planning that is so prevalent in most big City's in England.