The New Moor Market

They should put the Cuttsie and Bedrock in charge. One of them could be the brains and the other in charge of marketing.

cuttsie was great at marketing Castle Market, now he just slags the new one off. I still think Sharon sells a good cup of tea & nice pork sandwich for a good price. He needs to move on from the loss of Castle Market & start supporting the traders that are left.

Bedrock couldn't do worse than the brains at the council, I'd vote for him.

cuttsie was great at marketing Castle Market, now he just slags the new one off. I still think Sharon sells a good cup of tea & nice pork sandwich for a good price. He needs to move on from the loss of Castle Market & start supporting the traders that are left.

Hurray, I will get my Vote Bedrock ribbons ordered !!! :hihi:

That's the whole idea of having to submit a business plan. It only needs to show there is an audience for the product and that you've adequately budgeted to run that business. If the business can show that they will be successful, they should be allowed in. If a business can't be bothered to produce such a plan, I'd be very wary of letting them rent space from me.

None of it comes down to what the council think will prosper, just that they're not going to go bankrupt within two weeks owing taxpayers a load of money and that we don't end up with a market full of stuff that nobody is going to buy.

It is for an event which is being run by someone else.

So here's the question. If the council couldn't get enough folk with an acceptable business plan to fill the stalls when they were rent free, do you imagine there will be dozen queuing up waiting for the sky high rents to kick in?

So here's the question. If the council couldn't get enough folk with an acceptable business plan to fill the stalls when they were rent free, do you imagine there will be dozen queuing up waiting for the sky high rents to kick in?

Its's a question not just for the Council but also one for the whingers, supporters and Sheffield as a whole. Do we really have the demand for a profitable market?

Non of us knows the true picture of who applied and who has been refused.

There certainly wasnt enough demand at ye olde traditional market site because the markets located there have been on the decline for the last 30 years.

They should put the Cuttsie and Bedrock in charge. One of them could be the brains and the other in charge of marketing.

If I had been in charge trigger we would still be at Castle Market and the place would have had a new roof , new bogs and the lower ground floor shut down and rented to other uses.

But that is to simple isn't it.

---------- Post added 26-04-2014 at 18:26 ----------

When the new Market opened I wished it well and stated that I liked it.

Now it is running it is obvious that it is failing .

Why should I not state what I see with my own eyes .

To reiterate I hope the Market takes of soon but do not think it will unless.

The rents are halved.

The service charges are halved and the council stop being so choosy as to who and who cannot have a stall.

And to finish ,As i have always said it is in the wrong place.

If that is slagging off then so be it.

As an aside to our Market the New one at Wakefield is on the brink of closer due to many of the points now being levelled at the Moor Mall.

---------- Post added 26-04-2014 at 18:32 ----------

Get the time machine cuttise youlls be able to moan even more.

And You I suppose are just making valid points that no one else can question.

As an aside to our Market the New one at Wakefield is on the brink of closer due to many of the points now being levelled at the Moor Mall.

---------- Post added 26-04-2014 at 18:32 ----------

And You I suppose are just making valid points that no one else can question.

Cuttsie you are an incredibly negative person. You dont accept that for many people the old market was in serious decline because times have changed. For many the market area was grubby and full of dubious characters hanging round outside. The building itself was beyond reasonable economic repair. For many others, markets in general are not the way they wish to shop otherwise your precious Castle market would have never declined. All your ideas and sentiments are stuck in the past. There are reasons the whole of the ground floor was shut its because nobody wanted the stalls or were able to make money there. Lots of the upstairs stalls were also closed as well as ones in the main market itself, either closed or used for storage.

It had some character but was generally in continual decline.

I for one will be glad when they knock the whole of that area down and rebuild. I hope there are people interested enough to want to invest in the area, but otherwise I wouldnt say no to it all being grassed over.

---------- Post added 26-04-2014 at 20:34 ----------

Thats not to say I dont think management have done several things poorly in the layout, accepting stalls etc. You as well as others just seem gleeful if it is in trouble and want to announce its death as soon as possible. Plenty more stalls will have to close in the future, its the task of management to see if they can attract new ones that can make a go of it. If they cant then Sheffield might have to realise there isnt enough demand for a market and people prefer to shop in other ways.

All this talk about markets for a thousand years and the entire city being ruined by the Council is just too much of the drama queen.

It would be great to see you and Bedrock in charge.

Edited by 999tigger