The New Moor Market

Both the old Asda and the new Asda had a car park

Both the old market and the new market didnt have a car park. No difference in either case. So I dunno what your point is here other than out of town shopping is more convenient, which most of us know anyway.

Your correct, anyhow who in there right mind wants to mess a bout going into to town when every thing is on your door step. I don't think I will ever go into town a gain, Please someone give me a reason to and I'll give em a better reason not too.:hihi:

Sheffield Council have yet again dropped another big one again, just by not doin there home work, and the customers are going to end up picking up the tab by shopping there.:suspect: School boy errors caused by too many School Boys running the Council.:hihi:

How are the customers picking up the tab?

Where would you have built the new market?

---------- Post added 29-05-2014 at 12:38 ----------

Your correct, anyhow who in there right mind wants to mess a bout going into to town when every thing is on your door step. I don't think I will ever go into town a gain, Please someone give me a reason to and I'll give em a better reason not too.:hihi:

Many times its been pointed out that the way people shop has changed. same impact on the success that was castle market as the new moor market.

Both the old market and the new market didnt have a car park. No difference in either case. So I dunno what your point is here other than out of town shopping is more convenient, which most of us know anyway.

---------- Post added 29-05-2014 at 12:31 ----------

Where would you have put the market then if you had made the decision 4 (?) years ago, with retaining the old site not being a viable option?

Personally I think towns had it, so I wouldn't have bothered with the Idea, but has your asking, I would have said around the TJ HUGHES area, land permitting.

Thats true. 60 years ago no stores had car parks. The world has moved on and whether Sheffield Council like it or not the motor car has become part of everyday life. ASDA moved in order to provide a better store with a better car park for the increased convenience of customers. Sheffield market moved and became less convenient for its customers. As a result ASDA gained more shoppers whilst the market got less. You can dress it up all you like but the customer is king. They have the choice of where to shop. So they are not fools for not wanting to walk along the Moor with their shopping. They are making a concious decision to shop elsewhere at a place more convenient to them.

Personally I think towns had it, so I wouldn't have bothered with the Idea, but has your asking, I would have said around the TJ HUGHES area, land permitting.

But there isnt the land. Its all very well you trumping on about schoolboy errors, but saying land permitting when its obvious there isnt any in the area you suggest is feeble.

But there isnt the land. Its all very well you trumping on about schoolboy errors, but saying land permitting when its obvious there isnt any in the area you suggest is feeble.

I don't think there was any available land on the Moor until they knocked down the buildings and cleared the site.

I don't think there was any on the Moor until they knocked down the buildings and cleared the site.

I was asking him where he might place the market. Its fine if he wants to say which buildings he wants to knock down. Not really seeing where the site might be around TJ Hughes. Am assuming that he means the old Rackhams building. About 6 acres?

I was asking him where he might place the market. Its fine if he wants to say which buildings he wants to knock down. Not really seeing where the site might be around TJ Hughes. Am assuming that he means the old Rackhams building. About 6 acres?

So not a feeble reply then as it is no more complicated than what they actually did when they built a market in the wrong place.

I suppose it would have been possible to knock down the old market, build a massive car park and stick a new market on top of it as it seems like the old site is where people think the market should be. But of course if they did that it would be conceding that shoppers want to use their cars.

Edited by Anna Glypta

---------- Post added 29-05-2014 at 12:31 ----------

Where would you have put the market then if you had made the decision 4 (?) years ago, with retaining the old site not being a viable option?

The old Market did have a car park ,one that was used for many years and then!!!!! for some reason it was made as not available to the shopper.

As usual the planners and Market Management were to blame.

So not a feeble reply then as it is no more complicated than what they actually did when they built a market in the wrong place.

It might be in the wrong place, but it's not the end of the world is it?

That end of town needed something, and if the building fails as a market it can always be used for something else. :|