The New Moor Market

The Norfolk at the bottom of Dixon Lane has a clientele that included building workers, steel workers etc,[ most of them retired ]perhaps you will put your head around the snug door the next time you are around the area and utter your load of crap.

I have been in the Norfolk many times over the years , and I agree the customers were at one time honest working people , but now the "clientele"

are often stood on the pavment outside drinking Special Brew and trying to sell fake tobbaco / fags or other dodgy goods .

Have you ever been in the pubs on West street ? :huh:

I know a old woman who was a religious user of castle market and now claims it is too far from bus stops for her. I know I have mentioned for me its out of the way.

But for her she just needs to stay on same bus little longer and get back on at eyre st.

Maybe she and others like her need more help/assistance in using right transport towards the new market?

Edited by dutch

I have been in the Norfolk many times over the years , and I agree the customers were at one time honest working people , but now the "clientele"

are often stood on the pavment outside drinking Special Brew and trying to sell fake tobbaco / fags or other dodgy goods .

I have been in every pub on West Street from one end to the other hundreds of times.

Mind you that was before some people on West Street needed drugs to enhance their night out and although I remember many a fist fight on that Street I never once saw any one carry a knife as so often happens today.

Compared with West Street on a Friday and Saturday night today the Norfolk on Dixon Lane is a bloody Monastery .

Yes. The "clientele" are often stood inside drinking Special Brew and trying to sell fake tobbaco / fags or other dodgy goods .

I know a old woman who was a religious user of castle market and now claims it is too far from bus stops for her. I know I have mentioned for me its out of the way.

But for her she just needs to stay on same bus little longer and get back on at eyre st.

Maybe she and others like her need more help/assistance in using right transport towards the new market?

She is missing the Area where Sheffield Markets have always traded as are thousands of others.

yeah why was money wasted on new market when a fraction of the cost could have modernised the castle marlket

I think it was a desperate attempt to try to bring some life back to The Moor which has been dying since they blocked it off with the Manpower building. I'm not sure that the kiss of life will be enough to bring life back to Haymarket which has now probably been abandoned to the criminal elements.

yeah why was money wasted on new market when a fraction of the cost could have modernised the castle marlket

How do you come by this conclusion. Do you have some figures to back up

your claim.

Also where would all the stall holders go while it was being modernised