The New Moor Market

Thanks for speaking some common sense ecco. Coulcnt agree more. I understand those who wnat just cheap rag and tag style markets, but it wont or cnat function at the present site. Customers there expect more. Its possible to offer produce that you dont get in a supermarket and people will pay the extra for high quality or variety. Some of the existing stalls already do this, which is why the food side is doing better than those who are just trying to compete with larger retailers.

Thanks for speaking some common sense ecco. Coulcnt agree more. I understand those who wnat just cheap rag and tag style markets, but it wont or cnat function present omers there expect more. Its possible to offer produce that you dont get in a supermarket and people will pay the extra for high quality or variety. Some of the existing stalls already do this, which is why the food side is doing better than those who are just trying to compete with larger retailers.

I agree with u, it seems the fancy cake stall cakelicious is doing quite well. Especislly their signature baked portuguese tarts, I tried it last week when they have a stall on the food festival and they are devine. I hope they do well but not affected by the footfall.

We are going for some continental markets next month again. Sheffield has gotten out of touch with the meaning and financial levels markets usually do business at.

I have spoken with someone else yesterday about market and she responded that she and her friends boycott the new market as they don't feel welcome there anymore and it has become very expensive now with little choice between stalls to go to.

Ive been to the new market quite a lot mainly because its next to my bus stop in town.

I get an impression that the aim of the move was to quietly drag the market slightly up-market :)

I would think so, but the starting point is what was left in castle market. I havent noticed it being massively more expensive and I used both markets.

Lets build an extension to the tram from university to the market and then by bus station towards ponds forge.

That would bring a lot more customers back to the market.

So you want a "second city crossing" in effect, a bit like what Manchester is doing?

I would think so, but the starting point is what was left in castle market. I havent noticed it being massively more expensive and I used both markets.

I don't see anyreason why it should be more expensive at the moment. When the stall holders are having to pay £25K in rent that might be a different matter.

So you want a "second city crossing" in effect, a bit like what Manchester is doing?

It would be useful if they want to make the moor some sort of new shopping/entertainment area with market, shops, cinema. Why not connect it to the tram as well.

It would be useful if they want to make the moor some sort of new shopping/entertainment area with market, shops, cinema. Why not connect it to the tram as well.

Why not knock down the manpower building and reconnect it to the road network?