The New Moor Market

Why not knock down the manpower building and reconnect it to the road network?

Yep same story when you drive.

Friend of mine works 5 minute walk from moor but only goes there once/8weeks. Rather takes the car and goes somewhere convenient with parking after work.

Because its being used?

So was the road before some stupid idiot stuck the manpower building in the middle of it.

---------- Post added 02-06-2014 at 16:22 ----------

Yep same story when you drive.

Friend of mine works 5 minute walk from moor but only goes there once/8weeks. Rather takes the car and goes somewhere convenient with parking after work.

You said it. But the council would rather pay folk to post on this forum making excuses than face up to the planning disasters they have created.

So was the road before some stupid idiot stuck the manpower building in the middle of it.

---------- Post added 02-06-2014 at 16:22 ----------

You said it. But the council would rather pay folk to post on this forum making excuses than face up to the planning disasters they have created.

Na Then Anna , they would not be so low as to have employee's posting on here would they.;)

Er, it already is connected to the road network. :huh:

No longer to London Road it's not.

London Road named after the fact that it was the main road between the city and the capital city of our nation. It seems that the council thought it better to block such a road. Sheffield Council didn't want a direct link to the capital.

I think that's why HS2 is going to bypass Sheffield and the station is to be at Meadowhall. They didn't want the council building a block of flats in the middle of the line.

You really are being pathetic trying to infer that people from the Counccil are posting on this thread. Put up or shut up.

And how do you know that they aren't? Did they tell you that at work today? Put up or shut up.

No longer to London Road it's not.

London Road named after the fact that it was the main road between the city and the capital city of our nation. It seems that the council thought it better to block such a road. Sheffield Council didn't want a direct link to the capital.

And how many people head to London down London Road these days? Especially from inside the ring road?

Do they also head up Shrewsbury Road to head to Shrewsbury or Norfolk Street to head to Norfolk?

Where would a road through the Manpower building go these days? Or are you suggesting the whole of the Moor should be un-pedestrianised?

I think that's why HS2 is going to bypass Sheffield and the station is to be at Meadowhall. They didn't want the council building a block of flats in the middle of the line.

I think you're barking.